HRES-PARENTS Archives

Hawks Rise Elementary School

HRES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Vera Darby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:02:40 -0400
A Town Hall Meeting For Kid's Sake!

School and families unite in helping kids cope with the reality and threat of
terrorist attacks on America – Thursday, October 11, 2001.

On the one-month anniversary of the terrorist attacks on America, families
are encouraged to join with Superintendent Bill Montford and community and
school leaders to reflect on our experiences of the last four weeks, remember
thousands of innocent victims lost and injured, and to talk about ways
schools and families can move forward together-For Kid's Sake!

Talk with Superintendent Montford and his special guests, Therapist Jane
Marks and pediatrician Larry Deeb, plus representatives of local law
enforcement and school district safety and student services personnel as we
explore questions like….
How are our children doing emotionally?  Physically?
What can we do to prepare for the future?
Can we return to "normal"?
How can we protect and reassure our children?
How can we reach out to our Arab-American and Muslim friends?
How are schools approaching the crisis?
What community resources are available to help?
Join us…..

Thursday evening, October 11, 2001
7:00 p.m. in the Godby High School Auditorium
(1717 W. Tharpe Street)