HRES-PARENTS Archives

Hawks Rise Elementary School

HRES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Vera Darby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 10:46:31 -0400
Hawks Rise has several winners in the 2002 DropSavers Water Conservation
Poster Contest, which is sponsored by the City of Tallahassee Utilities
Department for 4th and 5th graders.  The winner in first place for the whole
city is our own Missouri Coughlin in 5th grade. Congratulations, Missouri!

Our school winners were: 1st place, Missouri Coughlin; 2nd place, Gage
Smith; and 3rd place, Courtney Lippencott.  Honorable Mention went to Diane
Grant, Allison Cottle, Eric Buenrostro, Tina Ippolito, and Bobby Wiwi.

These students will receive awards at a ceremony at the downtown library
on Park Avenue tonight.  Their winning posters will be on display at the
library throughout the rest of May.

In addition to this ceremony, Missouri will be honored on Wednesday, May
8th, at 4:00pm at the City Commission meeting at City Hall.  The mayor
will present her with a special certificate and personally thank her for
thinking of ways to help conserve water.