HRES-PARENTS Archives

Hawks Rise Elementary School

HRES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Vera Darby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:02:41 -0500
Each year through our Helping Hands project Hawks Rise students buy gifts for
needy families for the holidays.  Our Helping Hands Tree is in the media
center and has hand cutouts that identify a family member and his/her
individual wishes.  (i.e. 8-year-old girl—art supplies)

Students who have written parent permission may select a hand off the tree.
A duplicate hand remains on the tree with the name of the child giving the
gift and his or her teacher in recognition of their caring and sharing.

When the wrapped gift is brought back to school, with the "helping hand"
taped to the outside, it is placed in the appropriate box for that family.
At first our tree will be covered with white hands.  As children choose hands
from the tree, it will become decorated in bright holiday colors with the
remaining hands.

If you have any questions, please call Inger Smith at 669-0922, Julie
Richardson at 893-0028, or Diane Scheiner at 488-6180.