GODBY-PARENTS Archives

Amos P. Godby High School

GODBY-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Sherry Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sherry Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:40:59 -0400
Thank you for your interest to participate in our upcoming Hurricane
Preparedness promotion.  We are looking for representatives age 18+ to
represent Mobile Media and Try Foods in a professional and courteous
manner.  Pay is 16.00 to 18.00 dollars an hour.

If you have not done so already, please provide your resume and a picture
of yourself -- if you do not have a completed resume, please put together a
brief paragraph with your information (name, address, etc.) as well as a
brief summary of your experience.  Also, please fill out the attached forms
and mail back to:

Joela Avelar
2419 W. Summit Avenue
San Antonio, TX  78228

**It is imperative that you return these forms immediately so we can get
you processed into our payroll system.

The goal of the program is to promote hurricane preparedness -- meaning we
will have a display setup simulating a hurricane (rain gear uniform, wind
sounds & a fan blowing) and we will offer bins with products that consumers
should have on hand to be prepared for a hurricane.  I have attached
pictures of the uniform and "product bins" that we will be promoting.

We will be setting up at Walmarts in your area -- work hours will vary by
location -- you will work 2 days per week -- either Fridays/Saturday and
Sunday and Sundays 11am to 5 pm.  The program will run 4 weekends, starting
July 8-9 through July 29-30.  You will work 4 different stores -- one each
weekend.  Please CONFIRM that you will be available to work ALL 4 WEEKENDS
of the program AND that you have read and understand ALL OF THE DETAILS of
the program.

The specific stores you will be working and the dates are:

24 1 Jul 8, 9 1223 TALLAHASSEE (NE), FL 5500 THOMASVILLE ROAD TALLAHASSEE
FL 32312
24 2 Jul 14, 16 1077 TALLAHASSEE (EAST) FL  SC 3535 APALACHEE PKWY
TALLAHASSEE FL 32311
24 3 Jul 22, 23 488 QUINCY, FL 1940 PAT THOMAS PKWY QUINCY FL 32351
24 4 Jul 28, 30 1408 TALLAHASSEE (WEST), FL 4400 W TENNESSEE TALLAHASSEE
(WEST) FL 32304

Here is an overview of your responsibilites:

TEAM LEADER:

Outgoing, Energetic, and Reliable.  Able to be on your feet throughout the
entire shift (6 hours).
Have internet access.  Will need to fill out simple report after event.
Have a digital camera to submit event photos
Have reliable transportation
Ability & comfortable working with store management to secure a good
location in the store for the event.
Able to receive POP materials & brochures
Overall Set Up of event area & creation of Hurricane Prepardness "starter
kits" (similiar to attached photo)
Placement of shelf-talkers on store shelves that highlights our sponsors
products
Interact with customers to encourage sales of sponsors products.
Return shipment of POP materials and equipment.
ASSISTANT:
Outgoing, Energetic, and Reliable.  Able to be on their feet throughout the
day.
Reliable transportation
Assist with set up of event area and Hurrican Prepardness "starter kits".
Interact with customers to encourage sales of sponsors products.
As with any promotion, we are looking for people who are comfortable
talking and engaging consumers.  People who will reach out to encourage
people to stop at the table and take the information and sponsor products.

**Also, you will need to provide a 4 ft. folding table (or card table), an
extension cord, a table-top fan, and a CD player.  We will provide you with
the table cloth and sound-effects CD.  PLEASE CONFIRM YOU HAVE ALL OF THESE
ITEMS.  Additionally, you will need a plain (non-branded) short-sleeve t-
shirt (Black or White) -- we will provide the rain gear uniform.

Training will take place Thursday, June 28 or Friday, June 29th from 6-7 PM
via conference call -- we provide you with the call-in number and email you
the training manual for you to review prior to the conference call.

For any questions, call Joela @ 210-733-6525