GODBY-ALUMNI Archives

Godby High School Alumni

GODBY-ALUMNI@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Manny Joanos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:24:13 -0400
Good Morning Godby High Alumni,

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful Spring weather as much as I am. With
the end of this school year nearing, please take a minute of your time to
read over the following notices. Some are announcements and some are
request for assistance.

Please consider joining the Association of Godby Graduates (AGG). Your
membership fees helps in supporting our scholarship program and also
supports the recognition of students that flourish in academics. Membership
categories are $15 - $25 - $75. You can email me or go to
http://ghsalumni.fsu.edu for more information.

Sad news. If you missed it, English teacher Mrs. Ruth Bennett has passed
on. Mrs. Bennett taught at Godby in the late 70’s and early 80’s. She is
beloved by many of our alumni. The Alumni sends our condolences to Mrs.
Bennett’s family.

Thinking about a cruise. Well, maybe you’ll be interested in this. A
January 2008 Cruise Special for Godby Grads on the Carnival Cruise Line (as
low as $350). Contact Godby grad Teresa Featherstone at
[log in to unmask] for more information.

Godby High Summer School Program Needs Help.
This program is free to our Godby students and emphasizes math, reading and
character building skills. Your donations can help tremendously. If you are
interested in helping out, email Liz Etheridge (Camp Cougar Coordinator) at

Another Extraordinary Gift:
Many Thanks to Dr. Patti Skates for her recent Extraordinary Gift to the
AGG Scholarship fund. Patti is a 1972 graduate and recently was the Guest
Speaker at our 2007 Hall of Fame Induction and Dinner. Patti’s gift of $250
is in honor of a great Godby teacher, Nan Nelson. Mrs. Nelson is now
retired and living in Georgia. You can review other Extraordinary Gifts at
our alumni web site: http://ghsalumni.fsu.edu . If you are interested in
making an Extraordinary Gift, please contact me at

Finally, Classes 1977 – 1982 – 1987 – 1992 – 1997 and 2002 may have
reunions planned for this summer. Let Mitch Gans and I know of your plans
and we can post your information on the Alumni web site. I have provided
school tours for some class reunions on the Saturday of their reunion
weekend. If I am in town I’ll be very happy to schedule one for yours. Let
me know.