GODBY-ALUMNI Archives

Godby High School Alumni

GODBY-ALUMNI@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Manny Joanos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:31:41 -0500
I thought I’d share with you two great projects that Godby High has
participated in recent weeks.

Godby High this past weekend entered an award winning float in the
Festival of Lights Holiday Parade. Godby received for its effort the “Best
Schools Award.”  Godby High construction classes and the Godby High arts
classes teamed together to build and decorate the float. Special thanks go
to Association of Godby Graduates, Culpepper Construction Company and the
Golden Cougar Partners for financing this great project. Pictures can be
found at: http://www.godby.leon.k12.fl.us/studentlife.html  Please scroll
down to the second set of pictures.

In our other great project Godby High partnered with America’s Second
Harvest and the America’s Recycles Day for a wonderful “Canstruction” food
drive effort for the Tallahassee Food bank.  Godby High raised $1300.00
and purchased over 2,100 cans of soup to complete the “Canstruction”
project.  The event occurred at the state capitol were Godby High students
actually “Canstructed” a replica of the State Capitol with the cans of
food.  At the end of the day all the food was donated to America’s Second
Harvest.  Special thanks go to Godby faculty, staff & families, the
Association of Builders and Contractors and Martha Pelham for making this
event possible.  Pictures of the event can be found near the bottom of the
page at:  http://www.godby.leon.k12.fl.us/studentlife.html

Manny Joanos