GODBY-ALUMNI Archives

Godby High School Alumni

GODBY-ALUMNI@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Manny Joanos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 13:39:47 -0400
Hello Godby Alumni,
I regret to announce that the Hall of Fame committee has decided to cancel the Hall of Fame Banquet this year and induct the new Hall of Fame honorees next March 2021.
This is not an easy decision however in the abundance of caution, it is simply not worth the risk to continue with the plans. Additionally, a short postponement is very problematic due to interference with other scheduled event.
We have talked with each honoree and they are very understanding and are on board for next year.
As you know, The Hall of Fame is also a fundraising event for senior scholarships.
The AGG is committed to fulfill its commitment to senior scholarships. The AGG has already launched the application time table and is determined to make good on the 3 - $1,500 scholarships this year.
To this end, some of you have either made contributions and or purchased tickets for the March 27 banquet.
I at this time respectfully ask that you allow the AGG to keep and use these funds for the scholarships.
Or, if you can, send a donation to help out.
However, if you have paid and want a refund, I will happily return your contribution.
Just email me your wish at:

Thanks so much for your understanding
Manny Joanos