GODBY-ALUMNI Archives

Godby High School Alumni

GODBY-ALUMNI@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Marsha Walper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:30:13 -0500
With a sad heart we tell you that Robert Wise, Godby class of 2000, was
killed in Iraq Wednesday, November 12.  Robert was a member of the
Tallahassee Florida Army Guard unit that is deployed to Iraq.

At Godby he was a member of the Cross Country Team and the Cadet Commander
of the AFJROTC. There was a moment of silence Thursday morning and the flag
was flown at half-mast in his honor at Godby.

There will also be a moment of silence at the Florida State homecoming game
today for Robert.

His mother visited Godby on Friday morning. She is very grateful for the
response of the Godby family to the death of Robert and wants to thank
everyone.

A memorial service is planned for next Tuesday, November 18, at 6:00 PM, at
the National Guard Armory on Capitol Circle NE.  Robert will be buried at
Arlington National Cemetery. His mother has requested no flowers.  If you
wish to send his mother a card or note, her address is:
Tammy Wise
603 E. Call Street, Apt 809
Tallahassee, FL, 32301

Ms. Wise brought a photo album to school for teachers and students to view.
Her comments were: I am not mad, he was doing what he wanted to do and I
can accept that, he did not die a senseless death, which would have made me
mad.

The following are links to the Tallahassee Democrat articles:

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/local/7258289.htm

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/local/7267179.htm