GODBY-ALUMNI Archives

Godby High School Alumni

GODBY-ALUMNI@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Manny Joanos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2013 08:16:46 -0400
Hello Godby Alumni and Friends,

Please Join Superintendent Pons and LCS Board Members in Honoring Our
Fallen Heroes.
Leon County Schools will dedicate a memorial in remembrance of former
students who have lost their lives in service to our county, post 1991.
The ceremony will be this Wednesday June 5, 2013 at 10am at 725 South
Calhoun Street – The Bloxham Building
Please note that Godby High has lost two of our own, Spc. Robert Wise in
the Iraq War and Pfc. Anthony Simmons in the Afghanistan War. Both of the
heroes will be honored on this monument.

We have had a very successful school year. The Mighty Cougars are once
again State Football Champs.
Your Association of Godby Graduates (AGG) has also championed some very
successful events.
On March 6th the AGG hosted the Top 25 students and their parents for a
wonderful bar-be-que dinner and recognized these Top 25 students for their
hard work at achieving great grades and GPA averages.
On April 5th the AGG hosted the AGG Hall of Fame Dinner and inducted six
outstanding graduates: Chip Bashinski c/o 70, Barbara Hobbs c/o 74,
Belinda Mills Keiser c/o 76, Moni Basu c/o 79, Rudy Rowe c/o 86 and Julie
Gladden Barre c/o 86.
On May 16th the AGG awarded a total of $3,000 in scholarships to the
following seniors: Stephanie Stone, Ebony Campbell, Stanley Denny, Rashid
Elsamra, Symphoni Liburd, Astrid Martinez-Partida and Megan Rogers.
Additionally, The AGG also assisted with the Jeff Bradford Scolarship
awarded to Jamila Johnson (outstanding Band senior) and the Davis Family
Scholarship (TBA)  …………. A very special thank you to Janet Hinkle and the
Davis Family for these two endowments.

Roger Day, President
Manny Joanos, Director