From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:19:46 -0500
Our Week Ahead    It’s “A” Week ABCDEF

02.27.06
FCAT Testing begins at 8:20 AM!
FCAT Reading SSS Grades 6, 7 and 8

02.28.06
FCAT Testing begins at 8:20 AM!
FCAT Mathematics SSS Grades 6, 7 and 8

03.02.06
Read Across America Day! Readers are Leaders at Griffin Middle School!
Our C period classes will be devoted to silent sustained reading!

TIGER TEAM TESTING TIPS
PREPARE TO SUCCEED
* Get a good night’s rest each night. Studies show that adolescent children
need at least nine hours sleep each night.
* Eat a nutritious breakfast that is packed with protein.
* Arrive on time with a positive attitude! Students are expected to report
to their testing sites by 8:15 AM so that we can start our testing by 8:25
AM. Please ensure that your child arrives on time and with a positive ready
to succeed attitude!

INSTRUCTIONS ARE IMPORTANT
* Make sure that you listen and read all instructions carefully.
* Cell phones and other electronic devices will be collected during all
FCAT testing.

READ CAREFULLY
* Read the whole question and read every question!

ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
* It is important that every question is answered as students are not
penalized for incorrect answers. If you are unsure of an answer, use the
process of elimination.

Congratulations to Griffin’s Band Students
Our students earned Superior ratings at the District Solo and Ensemble
Festival :

Summer E.
Caitlyn S.
Adrianne L.
Audry C.
Kenny S.
Rob H.
Akono M.
LaRon V.
Josh Sapp
Benjamin T.
Taylor W.
Matt D.

Band Director:
Mr. Nathan White

Don’t forget to turn in your Box Tops for Education! Please give them to
your HR teacher today!

Attention all GMS Athletes
Cheerleading, Cross Country, Girls Volleyball, Tackle Football, Boys
Soccer, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Special Olympics, Girls Soccer,
Girls Softball, Golf, Step and Track team members at Griffin Middle school
are invited to attend our GMS Spring sports picnic!

When: Thursday, May 4, 2006 from 2:45 – 4:45

The cost is $12.00 which includes one picnic meal and one trophy.
If you are planning to attend, you must sign up and pay $12.00 to your
Coach before March 3, 2006.  Please see your Coach or Mrs. Chapman for any
questions.

A Message from Our Proud Principal, Mrs. Gayle

Our week has come to an end at Griffin Middle School. As you know, FCAT
Testing begins next week and we are ready to “Show What We Know!” Our
students have been working with grade level Sunshine Standards and
benchmarks since the first day of school. Our teachers have been using
vocabulary enhancements, FRI reading skills, and critical thinking skills
in every classroom and subject area. I feel confident that our students are
well prepared for FCAT success! Please remind your child that he/she is
prepared for testing success and encourage your child to do his/her best on
the FCAT!
Finally, congratulations are extended to Coach Gilmore and Coach Osborne
for excellent sporting seasons! Our Lady Tiger Soccer Team really grew as a
team and represented us well all season. Our Boys Basketball Team earned
the Division 1A Championship by defeating Nims Middle School in an exciting
overtime game. As you can see, we are academic and athletic champions at
Griffin Middle School! Have a positive and highly productive week!