From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 05:53:52 -0500
Good Wednesday Morning, Tigers! I just wanted to share a few notes about
our positive week:

Flu and Cold Season Reminders
Please remember to wash your hands many times during the day. This one
activity will help to ensure that we all have a healthy winter season free
of cold and flu bugs!

FCAT Writing and WUR News
Griffin's FCAT Writing and WUR went so well on yesterday. As I spoke to
kids about the writing assessment, they shared that they felt confident and
well prepared to score a level 4 or above. In fact, I had several students
tell me that they had set a goal to score nothing less than a level 6! We
had a few absences (10) and tardies (3), but for the most part, all of our
Tigers came to school on time, well rested and ready to do a great job on
their writing assessment! Way to go, Tigers!

LIFE News
Our Laptop Initiative for Education classrooms are so excited about the
laptops that have arrived on our campus! Ms. Harris' students used them on
Monday to complete writing assigments. Mr. Gilmore used the laptops on
Tuesday after testing. Mrs. Gaskin's classes will use the laptops today and
they are so excited that they can hardly stand it. Stay tuned for more
information about our LIFE project.

PTO Reminders
You should have received two very important letters from our PTO by now.
The first letter was about our PTO Booster Drive. This Booster Drive allows
you to give a gift to our PTO that will help to fund the educaional
projects that we have in place at Griffin such as building our classroom
libraries, funding our teacher grants, and funding the student recognition
activities that go on throughout the school year.
The second letter pertains to our Silent Auction that occurs in the month
of April. This letter asks each family to donate sports or pampering items
to make baskets that will be bid on during our auction. This event has
grown each school year and we couldn't do it without the support of our
parents, partners and friends.
Thanks for your continued support of our school!

Progress Alerts go home with each Tiger on Tuesday, February 15, 2005!

Congratulations to Dr. Palmer and Dr. Dickel!
Two of Griffin's finest Tiger Team members were honored last evening
(02.08.05) at the School Board meeting for earning National Board
Certification. Dr. Palmer and Dr. Dickel join Mrs. Register as Griffin's
National Board Certified Teachers! Mrs. Anderson is also seeking National
Board Certification this year! Way to go, Tigers!

Valentine's Day Reminders
All Valentine's Day deliveries will be kept in the front office during the
school day. This policy ensures that education continues in each classroom
without disruption during our school day.

Have a great week, Tigers!