From:
"Michelle Gayle, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:56:16 -0500
Looking Ahead - Report Cards went home on Friday, January 12, 2007. Did
you receive your child's report card yet? If not, contact us at 488.8436
and we'll be happy to help you wirh this important matter!

01.15.07
“A” Week Martin Luther King, Jr. Day—No School
01.16.07
Jr. BETA Club Induction 6:30 PM/Media Center
Academic progress letters mailed to parents of students with low quality
points!
01.17.07
Griffin Middle School’s Monthly Turn Off the TV Night!
BBB v Cobb Middle School  6:00 PM@ Cobb
GSOC v Cobb Middle School  5:30 PM@ Messer Park
01.18.07
Mock FCAT during C period—FCAT Chats with each GMS student
District Spelling Bee   7:00 PM@ Rickards High School!  Good luck, Indiya
W.!
01.20.07
Saturday School begins! 9:00 AM — noon! We will meet in our cafeteria!
District Tropicana Speech Contest! Good luck, Sarah P.!

01.22.07
“E” Week—Please sign your child’s agenda book each night!
BBB v Nims Middle School 6:00 PM in the Tiger’s Den
01.23.07
Pre-Advanced Placement Program Open House  6:30 PM/Media Center
01.24.07
GSOC v Nims Middle School  5:30 PM at Messer Park
BBB v Belle Vue Middle School  6:00 PM@ Belle Vue Middle School
01.25.07
Mock FCAT during C period—Every ONE & Every SCORE counts at GMS!
6th Grade Parent Meeting 6:30 PM/Media Center
01.27.07
FCAT Saturday Academy  9:00 AM — noon! Don’t be left behind, Tigers!

After School News
Our after school activities start promptly at 2:50 PM and end at 4:30 PM.
If your child rides a regular school bus, he/she can also ride the after
school bus home free of cost. Please note that there will be three after
school buses that combine the routes of twelve regular buses. Therefore,
your child may arrive home well after 5:30 PM.

01.16.07(T)
Homework Center, Titus Fitness Club, FCA (Bostic), BBB, GSOC, Science
Club, Regional Science Fair Participant Meeting (Hines)
01.17.07(W)
Homework Center, BHBB, GSOC, BBB, Brain Bowl (Gaskin), Youth Crime Watch
(Jones), Computer Club (Love)
01.18.07(Th)
Homework Center, Cheer Practice, BHBB (Williams), BBB, GSOC, Science Club,
Regional Science Fair Meeting, Titus Fitness Club
01.19.07(F)
GSOC, BBB, SGA (Jones)
01.29.07(M)
GSOC, BBB
01.30.07(T)
Homework Center, BETA Club, GSOC, BBB. Brain Bowl, Titus Fitness Club

Agenda Book Requirements
All students are expected to have a Griffin Middle School agenda book. If
your child has lost his/her first agenda book, please bring $7.00 to the
front office in order to purchase another agenda book.

Griffin Middle School FCAT  Saturday Academy

When:
January 20, 27
February 3, 10, 17, 24
Time:
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon

Every Griffin student is welcome to attend!

We will practice critical FCAT testing skills in:
*Reading
*Writing
*Math
*Science

   Don’t miss out on this opportunity to sharpen your testing skills!
       Every ONE & every SCORE counts at Griffin Middle School!

Turn Off the TV Night - Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Please complete the information below and enter your family in our school
drawing to celebrate “Griffin Middle School’s monthly Turn Off the TV
Night”! We will choose three Griffin Middle School families to win some
great prizes that will serve to ensure hours of family fun!

Yes, our family participated in Griffin Middle School’s Turn Off the TV
Night on January 17, 2007!

Student’s Name: ______________________________Grade: _____________

Parent’s/Guardian’s  Name:_______________________________

Parent’s/Guardian’s Signature:____________________________

Please return this completed form to the front office by 01.19.07 at 9:00
AM in order to be eligible for our prize drawings!

FCAT Parent Academy—Tuesday, January 30, 2007 6:30 PM  - Media Center
Join us to find out how to help your child with FCAT skills.
Mark your calendars today and plan to join us on January 30th!

Weekly Parent Quiz - Does Your Teen Need a Tutor?
Her grades in the class were never good. But now she’s worried she may not
pass. Could your teen need a tutor? Here are some questions to ask. Answer
yes or no to each statement.

___1. My teen has struggled in this class for more than one marking
period.
___2. My teen does as much of the homework as she understands each day.
___3. My teen needs more help than she gets at school to pass this class.
___4. My teen does not do well on tests.
___5. My teen has been told by the teacher she needs extra help in this
class.

How did you do?
Even one yes answer means you might think about finding a tutor for your
teen. Ask the teacher for a recommendation. Also, remember that Griffin
Middle School's Homework Center is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and
Thursdays. Our Homework Center is staffed by certified teachers who can
help your teen achieve better grades.

6th Grade Parent Meeting
Please join us on January 25, 2007 at 6:30 PM as we discuss 6th grade
promotional requirements and interventions to ensure your child’s
promotion! We’ll see you there!