From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:30:59 -0500
This Week’s Highlights at Griffin Middle School
It’s “E” Week  - EFCDAB

01.26.04
* Representative Loranne Ausley visits Griffin!
* Climate Surveys go home with each student
* GSOC v Deerlake   7:30 PM @ Messer Park

01.27.04
* FSU Football #7 Rufus Brown visits our Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Club  2:45 PM   Everyone is welcome to attend!

01.28.04
BBB v Fairview 6:30 PM in the Tiger’s Den

01.29.04
* State Attorney Charlie Crist visits Griffin!
* Parents Check & Sign Agenda Books
* Spelling Bee 7:00 PM @ Leon High School

01.30.04- School Spirit Day
* Show your Tiger Team Spirit by wearing Blue & White!
* Climate Surveys due to HR teachers

01.31.04  Canopy Oaks Open House Program @ GMS
10:30 – 11:30 AM in the Media Center

Message from the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle

We have had a Tiger-riffic week at Griffin Middle School! I am so
impressed with the student body’s focus on doing the right thing and
really applying themselves in class. Our teachers are dedicated to
doing “whatever it takes” to ensure that our students are moving full
speed ahead in their classes. Please continue to ask your child about
his/her class work, check Agenda Books for homework and other due dates,
and continue to communicate with your child’s teachers.
As promised, here is this week’s construction update. Most of the
construction work this week involves pulling old wires and replacing them
with new wires. The construction workers have also been working on the
foundation of the new building so that the footers can be installed. We
are right on track for our August 2004 completion date!
Our 6th grade classes traveled to CiCi’s Pizza and the FAMU Bowling Lanes
today. This trip was organized by our teachers to reward our students for
hard work, great grades, and excellent citizenship. Special thanks to our
entire 6th grade team teachers, students, instructional assistants, and
parents for making this trip a success for our students! Way to go, Tigers!
Finally, our sports programs are alive and well at Griffin Middle School.
Our GSOC (coached by Mrs. Osborne) opened their season against Cobb Middle
School. Our Lady Tigers looked impressive even though we did not win. I am
happy to report that our team shines on the soccer field and in the
classroom with a collective G.P.A. of 3.56. Our BBB (coached by Mr.
Gilmore, Mr. Wilson, and Mr. McQueen) team defeated Deerlake Middle School
last evening and remain undefeated! We had a standing room only crowd in
the Tiger’s Den to cheer our team on to VICTORY. Special thanks to all of
the students, parents, faculty and staff who came out to support our team.
As always, please do not hesitate to call upon me at 488.8436 or email me
at [log in to unmask] Have a positive week!

8th Grade Trip News

Due to lack of participation, our 8th grade dinner cruise was cancelled.
Please see Mrs. Register if you have not yet received your refund.

2004 Honors Banquet News

Griffin Middle School’s Annual  Honors Banquet will be held at the Leon
County Civic Center on Thursday, May 6th from 11:00 am – 1:00pm.  Students
who make the honor roll 1st, 2nd, and 3rd nine weeks will be honored with
lunch and trophies.  Our PTO pays for the students while the parents will
have to purchase tickets.  A letter will be forthcoming in April about
this special occasion.  If you have any questions, please contact Mrs.
Register.

Important Message from our Leon County School Board

Leon County Schools offer a diversity of educational opportunities to
students. With a variety of programs in place, parents can seek the best
place for their children to learn. The deadline to apply for changing
schools is March 1, 2004. If you are interested in knowing more about the
Leon County School Choice Program, call the Leon County Schools
Reassignment Office at 487.7546 or 414.5160. You may also visit us on the
web at www.planning.leon.k12.fl.us

Homework Center News

Did you know that our Homework Center is open 5 days per week? That's
right, remind your child to stay after and get his/her homework completed
in a quiet, well-supervised setting with plenty of help from certified
teachers and staff members.