From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 06:23:38 -0400
It's "E" Week in Tigerland! EFCDAB

April 25 - 29, 2005    How Much TV Does Your Child Watch?
The average child watches 20 hours of TV a week. Keep a chart to see how
many hours your child watches each day. Then talk about how you can cut
back on TV time.
Also, take this weeks Parent Quiz - "Are You Encouraging Your Child to
Read?" at the end of this message.

04.25.05
* Baby Tigers (5th grade students) visit our campus! Welcome! :)
* Science Fest Begins in our Media Center -  WOW!
* WTXL/Channel 27 comes to video tape our Teacher of the Year and District
Finalist, Mrs. Register!

04.26.05
* Progress Alerts go home with each Tiger!

04.27.05
* Signed Progress Alerts due to HR teachers
* GSB Division 1A Championship v Ft. Braden  6:30 PM at Leon High School

04.28.05
* Take Our Sons and Daughters to Work Day
As you know, April 28th is the designated date for "Take Our Sons and
Daughters to Work".  The guidelines (aligned with MS Foundation's
recommended age group) for Leon County Schools will allow participation in
grades 3-8. Schools must receive a pre-approved letter from the parent
and/or guardian indicating the student's participation.  The employee must
provide the school with a written statement on company letterhead
verifying the student's attendance.  Please note these are two separate
letters.  The first letter must be sent before April 28th and the second
letter will need to be brought in on April 29th.

04.29.05
* Science Fest Ends

Dear Tiger Team Parents, Guardians, Friends and Supporters,

Parents we need you!  We need you to stay involved as we come to the close
of our highly successful school year.  I would like to thank all of our
parents who support us on a daily basis.  You make a tremendous difference
in our days and our students!  As always, please do not hesitate to call
upon me at 488-8436 or email me at [log in to unmask]
Have a positive and highly productive week!

Michelle Gayle, A.B.D.
Proud Principal

FIVE WEEKS TO GO

With only five weeks of school remaining in the school year, we still
have so much to accomplish.  The teachers are working hard to help the
children master the grade level benchmarks in order for students to be
promoted.  We also have so many exciting end of the year activities to
look forward to over the next several weeks, which include end of the year
field trips, the Spring Sports Picnic,etc.  This certainly looks to be an
eventful remainder of the school year! Please continue to remind your child
to come to school on time (8:20 AM), ready to learn and within our dress
code! Thanks for making these last five weeks just as wonderful as the frst
30 weeks of our 2004- 2005 school year!

END OF THE YEAR EARLY RELEASE DAY REMINDER

As I have communicated in an earlier newsletter, only the last day of
school will be an Early Release Day.  The school day will conclude at
12:10  PM on Friday, May 27th.  Parents are reminded to make
appropriate after school arrangements for that last day of school.

ARE YOU ENCOURAGING YOUR CHILD TO READ?
Strong reading skills help all students succeed in almost every school
subject. Here's a quiz to see if you're building your adolescent's interest
in reading.

Give yourself five points for something you usually do, zero points for
something you never do—or any score in between.

___1. I keep reading materials handy at home.
___2. I take my child to the library often.
___3. I limit my child's television viewing.
___4. I have my child's vision checked regularly.
___5. I set an example by reading often.

How did you score?
A score of 20 points or above means you're making reading a priority at
home. Fifteen to 19 is average. Below 15? Try using some of the ideas in
the quiz to help your child enjoy reading.