From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:24:21 -0500
It’s “A” Week in Tigerland - ABCDEF

11.24.03
* GBB v Fairview  6:30 PM in the Tiger’s Den

11.25.03  School Spirit Day
* Show your Tiger Team Spirit by wearing Blue & White!
* School-wide Read-a-Thon during “C” Period

11.26.03 – 11.28.03
NO SCHOOL – Thanksgiving Holidays

There will be NO AFTERSCHOOL ACTIVITIES DURING THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 24 -
28, 2003!

Griffin Middle School students, faculty and staff members wish you a Happy
Thanksgiving!

Mark Your Calendars Now: Winter Early Release Days
December 17 – 19, 2003   12:10 PM Dismissal

From the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle

What an exciting week we have had at Griffin Middle School! Progress
Alerts came home on Wednesday, November 19, 2003. Most of our students are
doing well and are on track for a great report card. Remember that all
students have four and one half weeks left in the nine weeks to turn
things around. Parent/Teacher conferences can be scheduled by calling our
Guidance Department at 488.4200. Please stay active and involved in your
child’s education! It makes a positive difference!
 I am so excited to announce that our cafeteria, student dining,
kitchen area and faculty lounge construction/renovation project has
started! This project will take nine months to complete but the end result
will be wonderful! Please be aware that there are sections of our school
that will be re-routed and blocked off due to construction. This project
has been carefully planned and researched for the past three years.
Construction updates and more details will follow in each newsletter for
the rest of this school year. Way to grow, Tigers!
Finally, I would like to thank Mrs. Jones and our Youth Crime Watch
members that traveled to Orlando, Florida this week. Mrs. Jones and our
student represented Griffin at the state Youth Crime Watch Conference in a
manner that makes us all proud to be Tigers! As always, please do not
hesitate to call upon me at 488.8436 or email me at
[log in to unmask] Have a positive week!

GRIFFIN’S CANNED FOOD DRIVE FOR OUR COMMUNITY BEGINS ON DECEMBER 1, 2003!!
Help us to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Contribute
canned food or dry good items (flour, grits, sugar, dried beans, etc.) to
our school wide drive.

Stay tuned for information regarding our PTO Silent Auction - "The Market
at Griffin". This exciting and fun event will take place on April 1, 2004
and your help is needed to make this a successful event for our school.