From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 09:46:32 -0400
Good day, Tigers! I can hardly believe that our school year is over. We
have completed so many great things this year in academics and
extracurricular activities. None of these things could have been
accomplished without the cooperation of great parents, partners, mentors,
volunteers and community members. I would also like to recognize our
supportive District Leadership Team, Superintendent Bill Montford,
Assistant Superintendent Iris Wilson, and Secondary Executive Director
Merry Ortega. Please know that they have supported all of our school
efforts 100%!

Report cards will be mailed to all Griffin Middle School students before or
on June 10, 2004. We have gone through great efforts during the year to
make sure that we have your correct home address so that you can receive
school information in a timely manner. If you have a recent address change,
please call Guidance Services at 488.4200 to share this important
information.

Please remind your child to read each day during the summer. The Summer
Reading List has been shared and we had a Book Fair for our students in
late May so that they could purchase books for summer reading. This is a
school requirement and it is not optional! Please reference our web page at
www.griffin.leon.k12.fl.us for more information.

All students have been issued and have used FCAT Explorer passwords during
the school year. Summer is a great time to review FCAT skills and this can
be completed on line with FCAT Explorer. Stay sharp during the summer.
Tigers!

Finally, our school office will be open during the enture summer. Our
office hours and days of operation are as follows:

Monday - Thursday     6:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Office Phone Number   488.8436
Office Fax Number     922.4226

Have a safe, positive, and happy summer, Tigers! Best of luck to our Tugers
who will be going on to high school! Please do not hesitate to call upon me
during the summer if I can assist you in any matter.

Mrs. Michelle Gayle
Proud Principal of Griffin Middle School