From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 04:55:31 -0500
Weekly Highlights  It’s “E” Weekin Tigerland  - EFCDAB

03.08.04
* FCAT Science – 8th grade students only  8:20 – 11:15 AM
* Jr. BETA Club Induction   7:00 – 8:30 PM/ Media Center

03.10.04
* FCAT NRT Testing      8:20 AM – 11:15 AM  6th, 7th and 8th grade students
* Cheerleading Showcase @ Tully Gym 7:00 PM

03.11.04
* Middle School Brain Bowl at TCC
* Parents Check & Sign Agenda Books

03.12.04  School Spirit Day- Gooooooo, Tigers!
* Show your Tiger Team Spirit by wearing Blue & White!
* Last day to turn in Box Tops to HR teachers

TIGERS SOAR IN 2004 - Our Tradition of Excellence Continues!
Test Schedule for FCAT 2004

March 8 FCAT SCIENCE   (8TH Grade ONLY)
March 10  NRT READING & MATH

We will test from 8:20 – 11:15 AM. Please ensure that your child is on
time and ready for a positive testing experience. Also, please do not ask
that your child be checked out early during testing periods.

Message from the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle

 Our first round of FCAT testing was wonderful! Our students were
well prepared, confident and ready to take on this task, “Tiger style”.
Thank you for making sure that our students arrived on time and with a
positive attitude. We will continue with FCAT testing on Monday, March 8th
and Wednesday, March 10th. Breakfast will continue to be served free of
charge for the next 5 days (March 8- 12, 2004) in our school cafeteria.
This nutritious meal will consist of cereal (Special K, Rice Krispies, or
Corn Flakes) and milk. Students can eat breakfast in the cafeteria between
8:00 AM and 8:13 AM. Please plan to take advantage of this important meal
of the day to boost thinking power during FCAT testing! Special thanks are
extended to our cafeteria staff and the Food Services Department of Leon
County for supporting our kids.

 Bullying is something that is on the mind of every parent these
days. Please know that our school discipline plan does not allow bullying.
Our faculty and staff are trained to handle bullying immediately so that
all students feel safe and secure at Griffin Middle School. Oftentimes,
even in the best situation with optimal supervision, bullying can occur on
the bus, at the bus stop, or at school. It is important that our students
know that they do not have to be a victim of bullying. It is also
important that our students make sure that an adult knows that they are
being bullied so that it can be put to a stop. Please check out the
following web-site for parents and students that provides information on
bullying  : http://www.stopbullyingnow.com/ .

Finally, I am inviting you to come out and cheer on our Lady Tiger
Cheerleaders on Wednesday, March 10, 2004. Our cheerleaders will be
participating in the Cheerleading Showcase at Tully Gym. The admission
price is $3.00 per person and will include the cheer teams from each
middle school in Leon County. Come out and support Ms. Williams and the
cheerleading team in this activity! As always, please do not hesitate to
call upon me at 488.8436 or email me at
[log in to unmask] Have a positive week!

Congratulations to Griffin’s 2004 Spring Jr. BETA Club Inductees

 Join us as we congratulate our Spring 2004 Jr. BETA Club
Inductees. These students will participate in an induction ceremony on
Monday, March 8, 2004 from 7:00 – 8:30 PM in our Media Center. Way to go,
Tigers!

Maisha Alexander
Ashley Augustine
Joshua Beal
Brent Beeman
Raechele Butler
Melanses Michelle Edwards
Tambreia Evans
Courtney Folsom
Lamia Haley
Phillip Hammaker
Nolan Maddox
Ashlei Phillips
Brandon Phillips
Laverne Williams
Betsabe Yanez
Bria Young
Mrs. Harrison, Sponsor

  Griffin Middle School PTO, Mentors, Volunteers, and Partners say,
             “Good Luck on the FCAT to all Tigers!!

New school tee-shirts are now on sale! Congratulations to Rabih Chaaban
for designing our new shirts! Shirts can be purchased in the front office
each Thursday during lunchtime!

History Fair News from Tigerland

Congratulations to all of our students who entered our school based
History Fair. The projects were phenomenal! The following students will
now compete in the district History Fair on March 17 and 18, 2004! Way to
go, Tigers!

Historical Paper
Heather Frierson  & Rachel Carson
Acacia Jackson

Individual Exhibit
Cameron Covington
Caroline Garber
Jackie   Gilchrist
Carissa Harris
Breona Herring
Sapphire Hinson
Maggie Thomas
Kierra Wilson
Betsy Yanez

Group Exhibit
Seth Bostwick & Shawn Cole
Farrah Bryant & Brittany Letchworth
Chelsea Clark, Kelsey Johnson, & Savanna Vickery
Patrick Lutz & Thomas Sullenberger

Group Documentary
Andrew Harrison, Joseph Lyons, Jordan Scott & Tyler Vickery

Individual Performance
Ashley Augustine
Tony Pye

Group Performance