From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:30:50 -0400
It's "A" Week in Tigerland!  ABCDEF

Positive Action Words of the Week
Self-Concept - How yo feel about yourself!

Tiger Team Reminders
* Parents are expected to review and sign their child’s agenda book each
evening.
* GMS Discount Card are on sale for $10.00 each! Please turn in all sales
and money ASAP, Tigers!
* Expect the best, Tigers!
* Please review and submit your feedback regarding our 2004-2005 School
Improvement Plan goals. Your input is valued and needed to make our school
the best!
* September 14, 2004—Progress Alerts go home with each Tiger!
  2nd Summer Reading Test!
* September 23, 2004 - Town Meeting regarding our 2004-2005 School
Improvement Plan! Please join us!

A Message from the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle

Greetings to all Tigers! I hope that this newsletter finds everyone safe
and sound. I am happy to report that Griffin Middle did not suffer any
damage due to TS Frances. Please stay prepared and ready as the hurricane
season continues.

Our Leadership Skills Class is on the move! Mrs. Sanders and her Leadership
Skills class proudly provide the morning announcements each Thursday  for
our school. These announcements also include a “radio talk show” that
focuses on making positive choices in all that we do. Special thanks are
extended to Courtney Brooks, Justin Dupree, Brittnee Taff and William
Wilson for entertaining us and giving us practical food for thought
concerning positive choices  and thoughts about our self-concept. Self –
concept is how we feel about ourselves. Please talk to your child about our
radio talk show.

Finally, I would like to ask all parents to continue to work with their
child concerning manners and high expectations during lunch time. It is
imperative that all students use table voices and great manners during
lunch. If a student has to be reminded of the rules several times, that
student will have to serve a lunch detention immediately. Please do not
hesitate to call upon me at 488.8436 or email me. Have a safe weekend and a
positive week!

             Griffin Middle School After School Program

Our after school program and activities are available for our Griffin
Middle School students. The hours of operation are from 2:50 PM—4:30 PM.
Students who normally ride a LCSB bus to and/or from school will be allowed
to board our cost free after school activities buses. Please note that
because these bus routes are merged in the afternoon, your child may get
home as late as 6:00 PM

Activity   When  Sponsor
Homework Center          M—F  Jackson
Co-ed Cross Country         M & W  Jones
Cheerleaders Practice         T & W  Williams
Girls Volleyball  M—W  Osborne
Tackle Football          M, T, Th, F Rich
Student Government         T  Jones
Step Team           W  & Th  Jones
    (Former members only)
Studio Productions  Th  Bush
Successful Young Women         F  Bush

Tiger Team Health Tips
Water is the best beverage!!
It has no calories. It quenches thirst better than any other drink
A well hydrated person thinks better, looks better, and feels better.
If you drank a 12-ounce bottle of water instead of juice or soda each day
could save at least 4,500 calories in a month. - That’s nearly 6 cups of
sugar!

Be as active as you can.
The more active you are the better your body works.  Pick activities that
you like to do so that it is easy to keep doing them.
Limit your screen time (TV, computer, video games, etc.) to less than two
hours per day.  Get your friends and family involved. Good examples of
activities are walking, dancing, bike riding, and playing ball with friends.