From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 05:55:25 -0500
Here's to another exciting week at Griffin Middle School!

Winter Band and Chorus Concert - Happy Holidays to Everyone!
Join us for a special winter treat! Our band and chorus will be featured in
a special winter concert on Tuesday, December 9, 2003 at 7:00 PM in the
Tiger's Den (our gym). Join us, you won't regret it!

Come and cheer the Tigers on to VICTORY!
Our BSOC team and Coach Kauffman will take on Cobb Middle School on
Tuesday, December 9, 2003. The Division 1A Championship Game will take
place at 6:00 PM at Chiles High School. The cost of admission to the game
is $2.00.

Our undefeated GBB Team and Coach Whitfield will take on Cobb Middle School
on Wednesday, December 10, 2003. The Division 1A Championship Game will
take place at 6:00 PM at Rickards High school. The admission cost is $2.00
per person.
Way to go, Tigers!

Media Center books are due on December 15, 2003! Thanks for your attention
to this matter.

Our Canned Food Drive continues through Wednesday, December 10, 2003. Let's
help our community during this season of giving. Please donate today!

Congratulations to Tyrinna Merrit and Adam LaRose, our GMS Spelling Bee
school winners! This is quite an accomplishment and these two students will
proudly represent us in the district Spelling Bee in January. Way to go,
Tigers!

Special thanks to...............
Ms. Williams and the Black History Brain Bowl Team for a great competition
on Saturday, December 6, 2003. We are so proud!

Mr. Heinz, Ms. Williams, Ms. Hill, the GMS Marchng Band, GMS Band Parents,
the GMS Cheerleaders and the GMS SGA for a great display of holiday cheer
and school spirit in the Celebration of Lights Parade! Way to go, Tigers!

Please check out our web page for updates on our cafeteria construction
project. This project is progressing quickly and we don't want you to miss
one phase of the process.

The Market at Griffin - Silent Auction
Look for details about our Silent Auction in this week's newsletter and our
mailhome first semester newsletter. Please plan to support and attend this
April 1, 2004 event.

Early Release Reminders - December 17, 18 and 19, 2003, we will dismiss at
12:10 PM. Please make plans accordingly.

Have a great week and thanks for your continued support of Griffin Middle
School!