From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:00:37 -0500
PROGRESS ALERTS WENT HOME WITH EACH TIGER TODAY!
Remember that you have 4 more weeks to make a difference in your grades!
You can do it, Tigers!

PTO SILENT AUCTION DONATION REMINDERS
Your help is needed in order to make our April 5, 2005 Silent Auction
successful! Please donate your child’s designated item to his/her homeroom
teacher by February 16, 2005! These items will be used to make wonderful
gift baskets to bid on during our auction. Thanks in advance for your help
and support!

Godby High School Showcase
Dr. Randy Pridgeon and the Godby High School faculty and staff invite all
rising 8th graders to attend their Showcase on Thursday, February 17, 2005.
The event will take place in the Media Center starting at 6:00 PM. Plan to
attend and learn about all of the great programs that are in place for your
child at Godby High School!

Box Tops for Education
We need your help as we begin our Box Tops for Education Drive. Our drive
will last until March 17, 2005. SGA is also sponsoring a special prize
drawing each Friday! Please turn all Box Tops for Education in to the front
office collection box. Be sure to place your full name and homeroom
teacher’s name on the back of the Box Top.

A Message from the Principal, Mrs. Gayle
      I am so proud of our Tigers! All of our students did an outstanding
job on their writing assessment last Tuesday! Our students came to school
on time and with a positive attitude. Hats off to all parents for your
continued support of our school!
 Our Laptop Initiative for Education (LIFE) Program is also going
well. Our students began using the Apple laptops this week and have had a
ball. The goal of the program is to enhance student learning through the
use of technology. The students that I spoke to had great things to say
about what they were doing and learning by using this technology. Stay
tuned for more information about our LIFE Program.
 Sunflower seeds are a healthy treat, but they have no place at our
school. I have instructed all teachers to take sunflower seeds away from
our students as we are seeing more and more seeds that are not being
disposed of properly. Please help us keep this problem under control.
 Finally, our Silent Auction is coming up in the month of April. We
need every family to help us make this event successful by donating the
specified item for your child’s homeroom before February 16, 2005.  Also,
please plan to join us during our Silent Auction in April. We are sure to
have a great time! Have a positive and highly productive week!