From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:14:53 -0400
Greetings to all Tigers!

Our first week of school was wonderful! We have over 700 of the best and
brightest students in the world attending Griffin Middle School this year.
As I walk through each classroom, I can see that our students are actively
engaged in critical thinking activities. Please ensure that your child
reads 30 minutes per night as a part of our school literacy plan.

We have spent a great deal of time reviewing Griffin's rules and
expectations with all students. We had our annual "Back to Excellence"
Assembly on yesterday and it was great. This assembly provided yet another
review of our school rules and expectations. We will continue to review
rules and expectations next week and throughout the school year as our
students rise to the occasion when they know what we expect from them.

Most of our transportation issues have been reported and resolved. If you
have questions or concerns about transportation, please call Millie Mathis
or Tasha Ward at 488.7572. They will be happy to help you.

I hope that your child has spoken to you about our new cafeteria - it is
beautiful! The students tell me that they are proud and want to keep it
looking good for years to come! Our cafeteria features many state of the
art special touches that will serve to enhance our student
production/performance activities throughout the school year.

Remember to mark your calendars and join us for our Mandatory Parent
Meeting on Thursday, August 26, 2004 from 6:30 - 8:30 PM at Griffin Middle
School. This meeting is set up to inform parents of classroom and school
promotional requirements and to ensure success for all students during the
2004/2005 school year! Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist
you in any matter. Have a positive and highly productive week!

Mrs. Michelle Gayle
Proud Principal

Administrative Tiger Team - 2004/05
Mrs. Michelle Gayle - Principal
Dr. Princess Palmer - AP for Curriculum & Attendance
Mr. Everett Fleming - AP for Discipline
Officer McQueen - School Resource Officer
Mrs. Terraca Jones - Guidance
Mrs. Sonja Gitlin - Guidance
Ms. Arimentha Ford - Registrar
Mrs. Kathy Rich - Secretary
Mrs. Janie Sessions - Secretary
Mrs. Maria Tucker - Bookkeeper
Mrs. Carloyn Albert - Cafeteria Manager
Mr. John Leon - Building Maintenance Supervisor
Nurse Melissa Chapman - School Nurse
Ms. Stewart - Certified Clinic Assistant

Discount Cards Are On Sale Now!!
Our Discount Cards are on sale now until September 3, 2004! Mrs. Apgar and
Mrs. Merrill (PTO officers and Discount Card Coordinators) have done a
great job of gathering great discounts for this card. The cards are being
sold by our students and parents for $10.00 each. Each student who sells 5-
9 cards will receive a movie ticket. Each student who sells 10 or more
cards will receive a free CD (clean versions only). Our top seller will
receive a $50 gift certificate to Wal-Mart. All proceeds from the cards
will go towards student activities for Griffin Middle School. We need your
help and support in this project!

Upcoming Tiger Team Activities
August 20, 2004        School Newsletter goes home with each Tiger!
August 23, 2004        Football Practice Begins!
August 24, 2004        Band Parents Meeting
August 26, 2004        Mandatory Parent Meeting 6:30 - 8:30 PM @ Griffin
August 27, 2004        School Newsletter goes home with each Tiger!
August 30, 2004        Football Parents Meeting

September 6, 2004      Labor Day Holiday (Schools closed)Enjoy your day!

School Spirit Items for Sale
Our students can purchase school spirit items all week next week during
lunctime! The items will be on sale in our cafeteria Monday through Friday
of next week during lunchtime. Show your Tiger Pride and purchase school
spirit items today!

If you wish, at any time, to change your list serv settings such as
change your email address or leave or rejoin the listserv just go
to:http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/pineviewparents.html and
select "join or leave the list (or change settings).