From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:20:30 -0500
Happy Thanksgiving, Tigers!

Hats off to Mr. White, Mr. Johnson (student teacher), and the Griffin
Middle School Beginning Band! Their first concert was presented on Tuesday,
November 22, 2005 to a standing room only crowd. Needless to say that all
in attendance was so impressed and proud of the accomplsihments of this
talented group! Way to go, Tigers!

Calendar Reminders               Next Week is "E" Week EFCDAB
November 23 - 25, 2005 No School
November 28, 2005 School resumes at 8:20 AM
November 29, 2005 Writes Upon Request for all Tigers
                  WebGrade Upload

Turkey Trivia

Turkeys can drown if they look up while it is raining.

The first meal eaten on the moon was by astronaut Neal Armstrong and Buzz
Aldren. That meal included roasted turkey.

Every year the U. S. President pardons a turkey.

Ben Franklin was the first person to name a male turkey Tom Turkey. This
turkey was named after Thomas Jefferson.

The world’s largest turkey is located in Frazee, Minnesota.

The first Thanksgiving was held in the fall of 1621.

Attention All 8th Grade Students
Do you want to spend 4 exciting days in Washington D. C. April 11 - 14,
2006?  The deadline is fast approaching for everyone to be registered.
Signing up to be registered guarantees you a seat on the plane and on the
tour bus.  The cost is $925.00.  This includes plane tickets, hotel, 3
meals a day, and all tickets and fees.  We will be visiting Arlington
Cemetery (where hopefully 4 of our students will be laying the wreath at
the tomb of the Unknown Soldier), Mount Vernon and Alexandria, Virginia,
all war memorials, the Capitol (with a private tour with someone with
Representative Boyd’s office), the Supreme Court, the National Archives,
several of the Smithsonian Museums, go to the top of the Washington
Monument, the Holocaust Museum, the Library of Congress, the White House
(we have requested a tour but will not know the status until January), the
Pentagon (we have requested a tour but will not know the status until
January), the Bureau of Printing and Engraving (we have requested a tour
but will not know the status until January), the Zoo, Embassy Row, Union
Station, Ford Theatre, as well as others.

Contact Mrs. Register at 488.8436 if you have any questions.

Science Fair Updates

Science Fair project displays, written reports, and classroom oral
presentations will begin on December 5, 2005. This deadline has been
extended in an effort to ensure that all projects are top notch!

Griffin Middle School will also sell project display boards beginning
Monday, November 28, 2005.

White Display Boards  $4.00 each

Colored Display Boards(Yellow, blue, black or orange) $5.00 each

Your Input is Needed, Tigers! Parents, Teachers, School and District
Administrators and Staff:

You have an opportunity to give input to the 2006-07 LCS School Calendar
through our partner TallahasseeVoices.com.
Simply click on this link: www.TallahasseeVoices.com
<http://www.tallahasseevoices.com/>  and then click on the "LCS 2006-07
School Calendar Survey" on the TallahasseeVoices home page.

You will be asked for some demographic data and an e-mail address, but
if you do not wish to become part of the Voices panel you can opt out at
the end.

This is a unique opportunity to be heard on this important issue. Thank
you for your willingness to give input to our upcoming year calendar.

James M. (Jim) Croteau, Ph.D.
Assistant Superintendent