Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 05:15:18 -0500
Parents, as we enter this first day of December, I want to remind you that
we have 13 days of powerful learning left in the second nine weeks!
Remember to check your child's agenda book each day, check with your
child's teachers about progress in each class, and ensure that your child
reads 30 minutes each night! Thanks for your continued support, Tigers!
Have a positive day!  Mrs. Gayle, Principal

                    Help Your Teen Cope With Stress
It's not just busy executives who are "stressed for success." Children
often feel stress, too. As parents, we can help them learn positive ways to
deal with stress.

Talk with your child about stress. Let her know that stress isn't all bad.
Stress can make an athlete try a little bit harder. Stress can make us want
to grow, change or try new activities.

But too much stress can harm kids both mentally and physically. In the
classroom, stress can make it harder to do well on tests. It can also cause
headaches, loss of sleep, upset stomach or a change in appetite.

How can your child deal with stress? Here are some suggestions:

Get regular exercise. Experts tell us that physical activity is the best
natural stress reliever around.

Set aside some time to relax. Teach your child to close her eyes, breathe
deeply and slowly relax her muscles.

Spend time on things you enjoy. Kids who are working at a hobby or a fun
activity often find their stress disappears. Help your child find
activities she enjoys.

Eat nutritiously. Too much sugar or caffeine can add to a feeling of
nervousness.

Talk about what is bothering you. Let your children know that you feel
stress sometimes, too. Help her find ways to talk out her problems.