From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:59:26 -0400
Red Ribbon Week Essay Contest
                            "I Elect to Be Drug Free"

The Red Ribbon Week Campaign has become a symbol of support to all who
oppose drugs and promote drug-free lifestyles.  Leon County Schools’ Safe &
Drug-Free Schools Office will be sponsoring an essay contest for middle and
high school students using the theme: “I ELECT TO BE DRUG-FREE”.  Not only
will the students be allowed to express themselves about the dangers of
drugs, but also to display their creative writing skills.

* All entrants shall be students in grades 6 through 12.
* The essay shall be on the theme designated and shall not exceed 350 words.
* All essays should be legible or typed.
* A panel of 3-5 teachers from Griffin Middle School will serve as judges
to review the essays (Language Arts, Creative Writing, English, etc…)
* Entries will be judged on originality and creativity in relation to
subject.
* All essays must be submitted to the Safe & Drug-Free Schools’ Mrs. Jones
by Friday, October 22nd.
* The top three students from each school will be awarded prizes at the end
of Red Ribbon Week (October 28th and 29)
* Students who write the essays will be asked to read them during the
morning announcements.

CHECK OUT THESE PRIZES

1st place: DVD Player
2nd place: 5”Black & White Television
3rd place: Portable CD  Player with headphones