From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 07:50:17 -0500
It's "E" Week in Tigerland  EFCDAB

Important Dates and Reminders:
March 27    Tiger Return at 8:20 AM! Welcome back, Tigers!
* First day of the 4th nine weeks. Have you set your learning goals yet?
* Chorus Fundraiser goes home!
* GSB v Nims Middle School 5:30 PM at Lincoln High

March 29, 2006 (Wednesday)
* GSB v Swift Creek Middle School 7:00 PM at Leon High

March 31, 2006 (Friday)
* Report Card Pick-up Night   6:00 - 7:00 PM in the Media Center

April 2, 2006 (Sunday)
* Spring Forward with Daylight Saving Time! DST begins at 2 AM!

It's "A" week in Tigerland  ABCDEF
April 3, 2006 (Monday)
* Report Cards go home with Tigers!
* GSB v Belle Vue Middle School  5:30 PM at Messer Park

April 4, 2006 (Tuesday)
* SAC Meeting at 6:00 PM in the Media Center
* PTO Meeting at 7:00 PM in the Media Center

April 5, 2006 (Wednesday)
* Track Pre-Season Relay Meet at Chiles High  5:00 PM
* GSB v Fairview Middle School  7:00 PM at Messer Park

April 6, 2006 (Thursday)
District Advisory Council Meeting  6:30 PM at the Howell Center

ATTENDANCE REMINDERS

Attendance is very important to your child's success in school.
Griffin's school day is from 8:20 AM to 2:40 PM.  We ask that you
schedule activities and appointments around these hours.  Students
arriving between 8:20 AM and 9:05 AM will attend Tardy Hall so that we can
protect the learning environment of our first period classes.
If your child is absent from school, please notify the school on the
morning of the absence by calling 488.8436.  The law allows absences for
illness or medical care, death in the family, or religious holidays.
Students going on trips will receive unexcused absences; however, prior
requests for these absences will allow the student to make up any missed
work so their academic grades will not be affected. All prior approvals
for absences should be addressed to Dr. Michelle Gayle, Principal.

DRESS CODE REMINDERS

As the weather becomes warmer, we ask that you reveiw our Dress Code Rules
and Expectations with your child. Some of our students have reached the
point in our Dress Code book where they will be suspended for non-
compliance. Questions about your child's Dress Code status? Please call
our office at 488.8436. Thanks for your continued support!

Do You Take Advantage of the Resources Available to You?

Parenting is a tough job. And—as Alvin Toffler once remarked—"Parenthood
remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." But there are some
resources available in almost any community. Here's a quiz to see whether
you're taking advantage of this network.

Give yourself five points for something you usually do, zero points for
something you never do—or any score in between.

___1. I have at least two friends or relatives who share my basic ideas
about being a parent. When I have a question, I can turn to them.
___2. I check the parenting shelf in my local public library or in the GMS
Parenting Center or Guidance Department for books and articles that may
help me be a better parent.
___3. I try to attend at least one school program on parenting each year.
___4. I have met and talked with my child's teachers. If I have a
question, I call or visit the school.
___5. I know how to access WebGrade, SchoolNotes, and/or the school's Web
Page so that I can stay on top of the activities that are a part of
Griffin Middle School.
___6. I know the email addresses of my child's teachers?

How did you score?
More than 20 points means you're doing an excellent job. Fifteen to 19 is
average. Below 15 points? Try some of the ideas in the quiz to take
advantage of the resources that are available to you.