From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 06:40:46 -0500
11.27.06
"E" Week— 15 days left until exam week begins!
Annual Holiday Food Drive Begins!
GBB v Nims Middle 6:00 PM in the Tiger’s Den! ($2.00)

11.28.06
Writes Upon Request for all Tigers! Happy Writing!
BSOC v Nims  5:30 PM @ Messer Park
Our weekly newsltter (on bright yellow paper) and purchased Lifetouch
pictures go home with Tigers today!

11.29.06
School Spelling Bee! Please see Mrs. O’Neill for more information.

11.30.06
GBB v FV 6:00 PM @ FV ($2.00)

12.01.06
8th Grade Bowling Trip— Questions? See Mrs. Register.
Seminole Book Challenge continues! Plan to read during the weekend!

12.04.06
"A" Week! 10 days left until exam week begins!
Holiday Food Drive continues through December 8, 2006!
Science Fest Final Projects due!
GBB First Round Games   6:00 PM     SITE:TBA      ($2.00)
BSOC v Fairview Middle School   7:00 PM@Lincoln High School

12.05.06
BSOC First Round Game   5:30 PM @ Messer Park

12.06.06
GBB Division 1A Championship Game  6:00 PM @ Leon High ($3.00)

12.07.06
District Spelling Bee!
BSOC Division 1A Championship Game   5:30 PM @ Lincoln ($3.00)

12.08.06
6th Grade Skating Trip—Questions? See Ms. Bush or Mrs. Thompson
7th Grade Bowling Trip—Questions? See Mrs. Anderson or Mr. Gautney

Tigers Take Note!

All Tigers are expected to read 30 minutes per day!

PTO Silent Auction & Winter Concert
December 14, 2006 6:30 PM

Mark your calendars now!
December 18, 19 and 20th    Exam & Early Release Days
8:20 AM—12:40 PM

Winter Holidays        December 21, 2006 - January 2, 2007

Teacher Planning Day    January 3, 2007

Tigers return on  Thursday, January 4, 2007

Annual Holiday Food Drive
We are counting on YOU to support our Annual Holiday Canned Food Drive! Our
Drive began on Monday, November 27, 2006 and will last until Friday,
December 8, 2006. Each student is being asked to donate at least three non-
perishable items to his/her homeroom teacher. Our school goal has been set
to collect 1,968 non-perishable items for those in need within our
Tallahassee Community. The homeroom class that collects the most items will
be awarded a pizza and soft drink lunch! All items collected will help
those in need within our Tallahassee Community!

PTO News and Announcements

Annual Silent Auction—December 14, 2006 @ 6:30 PM
Parents, our PTO will host our Annual Silent Auction in the Griffin Media
Center on December 14, 2006 (same night as the winter concert). If you own
or know of a business that will donate items (or gift certificates), our
PTO will be very appreciative.  Also, the PTO can accept any new/unused
item you may have that you would like to donate for auction. Please contact
Mrs. Maria Smith at 510-3641 or just drop off donated items at the GMS
front office. Don't forget to stop by the auction on December 14, 2006 at
6:30 PM! We  hope to see you there!

The Griffin PTO has science fair and history fair project display boards
available for purchase in the office for only $4.00 (white) & $5.00
(color). We have a limited supply of materials so get your board before we
run out!