From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 05:32:11 -0500
It’s “E” Week  - EFCDAB
11.01.03  Duke testing information postmark deadline

11.03.03
* Fall Fundraiser Orders DUE to HR teachers
*Band Parents Meeting 6:30 PM /Band Room
* PTO  7:00 PM in the Media Center

11.04.03
* BDSC v Deerlake  7:30 PM @ Messer Park

11.05.03
* Individual Picture Re-take Day
* Parents sign and review Agenda Books
* GBB v Ft. Braden  7:00 PM in the Tiger’s Den

11.07.03 School Spirit Day
Show your Tiger Team Spirit by wearing Blue & White!

PTO News
We are counting on all Tiger Team families to support the Cherrydale Farm
fundraiser. Thanks for you support!

2003-2004 INK CARTRIDGE DRIVE
Hold on! Don’t throw those printer cartridges out! You may send your used
ink-jet and laser cartridges in to our front office. These cartridges will
be recycled and turned into cash for our school! We have collected $29.00
worth of old cartridges so far. Keep them coming in!

From the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle

We have had another great week! This week, our Tiger’s PRIDE club and Youth
Crime Watch organized our Red Ribbon Week activities. We came together as a
school community to show that we support a drug-free school, community and
nation. A group of school representatives made up of our Step Team, Student
Government Association, Tiger’s PRIDE, and Youth Crime Watch attended a
county-wide Red Ribbon Week Rally at Florida A and M University on
Wednesday. Our Step Team, sponsored by Mrs. Jones, performed and had the
crowd won over with their drug free messages, stepping precision, and
school spirit. Special thanks to Ms. Lamar and Mrs. Jones for making this
week great!
 Our Winter Sports season are off to a great start. We won our GBB
opener against Nims by a score of 19 to 5. Our team is coached by Mr.
Whitfield, Mr. Raffington and Mr. Dixon. Our BSOC team also won their
season opener against Fairview with a score of 4 to 1. Our team is coached
by Mr. Kauffman. Check the team schedules and join us to cheer the Tigers
on to victory!
 Griffin has started a new policy that has addressed the problem
of “sagging pants”. Students whose pants are not at waist level will be
sent to the office to have a plastic tie affixed on the back belt loops of
the pants so that pants are at the waist level. This plastic tie will not
harm the student, their pants or prohibit the student from using the
bathroom or changing for physical education. This plastic tie will ensure
that pants are at waist level and within dress code. Please know that this
will not affect all GMS young men, just a select few who continue to
challenge our approved Dress Code. We must have used close to fifty ties
this week and will continue to do so to keep our young men within Dress
Code at all times.  As always, please do not hesitate to call upon me at
488.8436 or email me at [log in to unmask] Have a positive
week!