From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:57:17 -0400
Looking ahead
It’s “A” week in Tigerland! ABCDEF
Review & sign agenda book pages each night!

09.27.04
GVB v BV 6:30 PM  @ Belle Vue

09.28.04
TFB v  Nims Middle  7:30 PM @ Cox Stadium

09.29.04
GVB v  Deerlake Middle 6:30 PM @ DL

09.30.04
Cross Country Meet @ Everhart  10:30 AM

Other Tiger Team Announcements……

Student Government elections take place on Tuesday, September 28, 2004!
Best of luck to all of our candidates!

Wanted………….used and/or new band instruments for students. Do you have an
instrument that is still usable that you would like to donate to our band
department? Please call Mr. White today at 488.8436! Thanks!

We are still in need of volunteers for our kids voting booth at Lawrence
Gregory Community Center @ Dade Street. Contact Mrs. Jones 488-4200 if
interested.

School pictures will be taken on Tuesday, October 5, 2004. Information will
be sent home next week with each Tiger!

Yearbook Bargain Days are coming, Tigers! Stay tuned for details!

Our after school program and activities are available for our Griffin
Middle School students. The hours of operation are from 2:50 PM—4:30 PM.
Students who normally ride a LCSB bus to and/or from school will be allowed
to board our cost free after school activities buses. Please note that
because these bus routes are merged in the afternoon, your child may get
home as late as 6:00 PM

Activity          When  Sponsor
Homework Center          M—F  Jackson
Co-ed Cross Country         M &  W  Jones
Girls Volleyball         T& Th  Osborne
Tackle Football          M,  W, Th, & F Rich
SGA           T  Jones
Spanish Club          W  Galbraith
Step Team           Th              Jones
    (Former members only)
Studio Productions         Th              Bush
Successful Young Women F  Bush & Wilson
& Men

                            Family Day News!!
Family Day—A Day to Eat Dinner with Your Children is a national effort
promoting parental engagement as a simple, effective way to reduce
substance abuse by children and teens and raise healthier children.
Research consistently finds that the more often children eat dinner with
their families, the less likely they are to smoke, drink or use illegal
drugs. Data also shows that teens who often eat dinner with their families
are less stressed and bored—two risk factors associated with substance
abuse.

Family Day is not just for families. It is a day for all to celebrate
including businesses, unions, and community groups. The symbolic act of
regular family meals should be promoted and celebrated inside and outside
the home throughout the year!

Contacts regarding Family Day:
www.volunteerfloridafoundation.org
Office of Family and Community Outreach  850.245.0847

A Message from the Principal, Mrs. Gayle.........

Another week has come to an end and our Tigers are doing a great job in the
classroom! Please ask your child about the exciting activities that are
going on each day at Griffin Middle School. Congratulations to our Tackle
Football Team and coaches as they played a great game against Cobb Middle
School last Tuesday. The Pep Band and the cheerleaders were also fantastic!
Our Lady Tiger Volleyball  and Cross Country Teams are also off to a strong
start. Make sure to mark your calendars and join our teams to cheer them on
to VICTORY next week!

I want to remind each Tiger family that we have a school requirement of
reading at least 30 minutes per day. Did you know that increased reading
will help to ensure that your child performs well on classroom assignments
and standardized tests? The road to a lifetime of success and happiness is
certainly paved with reading!

Our health and fitness tip for the week is to eat like an Olympic athlete!
Food that keep you on top of your peak performance include a wide variety
of foods such as lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables, and low-fat dairy
products.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone for their continued support of our
educational programs at GMS! Please do not hesitate to call upon me  or
email me. Have a positive week!

Medication Policy - If your child needs to take any medication during
school hours, a parent/guardian is required to complete a medication
form and bring the medicatio to the office.  Students are not permitted
to have medication in their possession at any time.  The permission form
is available in the front office and must be completed for all
prescription and over the counter medications.  ALL medication MUST be
brought to the office in the original bottle or box.  Most pharmacies
will prepare two bottles if asked.  If you have questions, please call
Mrs. Stewart, our daily nurse technican at 488.8436.