From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:07:24 -0400
It's "A" Week in Tigerland! ABCDEF

10.11.04
GVB v Nims  6:30 PM  in the Tiger’s Den

10.12.04
TKFB v Belle Vue   7:00 PM @ Godby

10.13.04
GVB v SC  6:30 PM in the Tiger’s Den

10.14.04
GVB v Ft. Braden  6:30 PM in the Tiger's Den

10.15.04
Teacher Planning Day—No School for students!
There will be no school for students on this day. School will resume on
Monday, October 18, 2004 at 8:20 AM!

Message from the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle
Our first week in October has come to an end and what an exciting week this
has been! All-State auditions took place this week and our students did a
great job. I want to recognize and congratulate Kelsey Kirk, Loren Clement,
Desiree Green, Taneria Anderson, Kwanzaa Walker, Maisha Alexander, and Matt
Barnhart for all of their hard work and effort. I  would also like to thank
Mr. Whitfield, our choral director, for all that he does for our music
programs!

Our School Advisory Council and PTO met on Tuesday, October 5, 2004. Our
meetings were productive and well attended. We even had School Board Member
Fred Varn visit our meeting and thank all participants for what they do to
keep Griffin Middle School moving full speed ahead! Please plan to join us
next month for our PTO meeting scheduled on Tuesday, November 2, 2004 from
7:00—8:00 PM in the Media Center.

Our health and fitness tip for the week is to get the calcium—not the fat!
Did you know that you could save 400 pounds of fat and 1.5 million calories
in your lifetime by drinking skim milk instead of whole milk every day?
Finally, please do not hesitate to call upon me  or email me if I can
assist you in any matter. Have a positive week!

               FCA 2004 North Florida Middle School Retreat
When:  Saturday, October 23, 2004 (all day)
Where:   Blountstown Middle School (bus ride is free)
Cost:      $10.00 (lunch, dinner & tee shirt included)
See Ms. Lee for a registration form!

                         Girls Basketball Team News
We are nearing another basketball season! Tryouts for Girl’s  Basketball
will start on October 11, 2004. All girls interested in trying out should
get a physical. The official form for physicals can be picked up from Coach
Chapman or Coach Whitfield. No girls will be allowed to tryout without a
physical. We look forward to another successful basketball season!

SGA Cookie Dough Sales will be ready for delivery on Thursday, October 14,
2004. See Mrs. Jones for questions.

                              Boy’s Soccer News!

Coach Kauffman invites you to attend a Boys’ Soccer interest meeting on
Monday, October 11, 2004 from 2:45—4:45 PM in his classroom. Tryouts for
soccer will take place on Tuesday, October 12, 2004—Thursday, October 14,
2004! Remember, you need a physical and an activity form in order to
participate!