From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 05:35:03 -0400
2005 FCAT Writing Scores

The Tigers have so much to be proud of on this day! We have been working
hard in all subject areas and the first of our FCAT results are in for 8th
grade writing. 90% of Griffin Middle School eighth graders scored level 3.5
or higher on FCAT Writing. Our aveage score for expository and persuasive
writing was 4.1. We had three 8th grade students who scored level 6, the
highest level that you can score. When ranking middle school writing scores
for the 2005 school year, Griffin was the second highest scoring middle
school! Our scores exceeded the aveage scores for the district and the
state of Florida! Individual writing score reports will go home soon.
Please watch the list-serv for specific details. Way to write, Tigers!

2005 Girls Softball Division 1A Champs

Congratulations to Coach Rich and the Lady Tiger softball team as we are
the Divison 1A Champs! Our team defeated Ft. Braden Middle School on
Tuesday, April 27, 2005 with a final score of Griffin - 7 and Ft. Braden -
6! What an action packed game it was, but the Tigers landed on top! Way to
go, Tigers!

Democrat Volunteer of the Year

Congratulations to Mrs. Connie Apgar. She was nominated for the Tallahassee
Democrat Volunteer of the Year Award. She will be recognized for this
nomination on Wednesday, April 28, 2005 at the Civic Center during a
special luncheon. Mrs. Apgar serves as our PTO Co-President and our
Partners for Excellence Coordinator.

School Board Meeting features Two Griffin Middle School Students

Congratulations and job well done are extended to Rebecca C. and Imanual G.
for attending and participating in the April 26, 2005 LCSB meeting. Rebecca
led the audience in the Pledge of Alligiance and Imanual shared the thought
for the day. Our students were the highlight of the meeting and they made
us all proud to be Tigers!

Baby Tigers Visit Tigerland

Our soon to be 6th grade students came to visit Tigerland on Monday, April
25, 2005! Students from our SGA greeted the Baby Tigers at the bus ramp and
escorted them to the Tiger's Den. They were treated to a program featuring
our band, chorus, step team, cheerleaders and Studio Production Club. Our
administrative staff also spoke to them about middle school, support for
success, and some of the high expectations at Griffin Middle School. Our
soon to be students then left for a brief tour of the 6th grade hallways by
our BETA club members. Wow! We have a top notch group of students coming to
Tigerland next year!