From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 06:50:10 -0500
It's "E" Week in Tigerland!

11.17.03
* Boy Scouts of America Presentation during ITV announcements and lunch

11.18.03
* Writes Upon Request for Grades 6 - 8
* GBB v Swift Creek  6:30 PM @ Swift Creek

11.19.03
* Progress Alerts Go Home with each Tiger
* BSOC v Belle Vue  6:00 PM @ Tom Brown Park

11.20.03
* GBB v Deerlake  6:30 PM in the Tiger’s Den
* Boy Scouts Parent/Student Interest Meeting 6:30 PM in our Cafeteria
* Parents check & sign Agenda Books

11.21.03  School Spirit Day
* Show your Tiger Team Spirit by wearing Blue & White!
* BSOC v Cobb 6:00 PM @ Tom Brown Park

From the Principal, Mrs. Gayle
We have had another highly successful week at Griffin Middle School. Our
week ended with a very special celebration involving over half of the
school. That’s right, our Honor Roll students were recognized for their
hard work and efforts during the first nine weeks. Students were treated
to special prize drawings. We are going to make this a new Griffin
tradition and look forward to the day that this celebration will be
attended by each GMS Tiger! It can and will be done!

Our gym bleachers have been replaced. I want to thank Superintendent
Montford, Mr. Paul Byrd,. Mr. Fred Johnson and all others who made this
dream a reality. Our old bleachers had been in use since 1966 and they
served the school well. We will have a special ribbon cutting ceremony on
November 20, 2003 during the Deerlake Basketball game. Join us for this
special event!

Finally, I would like to remind all parents that Progress Alerts will be
going  home on Wednesday, November 19, 2003. Progress Alerts give you a
snapshot of how your child is performing up to this point in the second
nine weeks. This is the opportunity to examine study habits, check Agenda
Books and make sure that all is on track to receive a report card that
will  make everyone proud. There is still four and one half weeks until
the end of the nine weeks. That is plenty of time to make a positive
difference in all subject areas. As always, please do not hesitate to call
upon me at 488.8436 or email me at [log in to unmask]
Have a positive week!

Griffin Middle School’s Revised Dress Code Policy takes effect on November
17, 2003!

Griffin Middle School students are expected to be well groomed and neatly
dressed at all times.  Any form of dress that promotes drugs, alcohol,
tobacco, sexual behavior, and/or that is offensive to others will not be
permitted.

Griffin Middle School Young Men:
Trousers, slacks, shorts, and jeans must be worn with the waistband no
lower than immediately below the navel (front) and above the gluteus
medius (back) with no skin or underwear showing while sitting or standing.
If this occurs, a tie will be placed on the garment to secure it at the
waistline.

All T-shirts, polo type shirts, and pullover shirts/jerseys must be tucked
inside the waistband of the trousers, jeans, slacks, or shorts.  Pullover
sweaters, sweatshirts, top-to-bottom  button/snap front jerseys, zipper
jackets need not be tucked in but the shirt under these items must be
tucked inside the waistband.  Belts/waistbands must be clearly visible.

Griffin Middle School Young Ladies:
Pants, shorts, capri pants, and/or skirts must be worn with the waistband
above the seat with no skin showing sitting or standing.  Under no
circumstance is underwear to be exposed. Shorts, skirts, and/or dresses
must be long enough to touch the  fingertips when arms are extended along
the side of the body with fingertips pointing downward. The slit in a
dress/skirt must begin below the fingertips when arms are extended along
the side of the body with fingertips pointing downward.

Blouses/shirts need not be tucked in, but must be of a length  so that no
stomach or any part of the midriff is shown with arms fully extended and
raised into the air.  Spaghetti straps, tank tops, see-through or mesh
type clothing, tops that expose cleavage or midriffs will not be permitted.

Practices such as wearing clothing on the wrong side, pants leg pushed up,
straps unfastened or hanging loose, belt hanging loose, belt hanging
outside belt loops, or other such unkempt practices will not be
permitted.  The principal will make the decision in other cases involving
the appropriateness of dress.

The following will not be permitted at Griffin Middle School:
Bare midriffs
Tank tops
See-through or mesh type clothing
Spaghetti straps
Any type of head apparel, hair rollers/curlers
Shorts/skirts shorter than the finger tips when arms are extended
at the side
Dresses/shirts that show any cleavage when the hand is placed
just below the neck across the sternum with the thumb on one clavicle
and the index finger on the opposite clavicle.  If skin is showing below
the hand,a tie will be used to securely pin the dress/shirt, or the
student must call to get another shirt
House shoes, flip-flops, beach shoes, or any shoe that is not adequately
secured to the foot or that protects the toes from injury
Waistbands below the normal waistline
Shirts not tucked inside the waistband with the exception of pullover
sweaters, sweatshirts, top-to-bottom button/snap front jerseys, or zipper
jackets (males)

 Tigers Take Note……..

The first offense of the school dress code policy will result in a
warning letter sent to parents.

The second offense of the school dress code policy will result in
immediate assignment to ISS.

The third offense of the school dress code policy will result in
immediate assignment to ISS.

The fourth offense of the school dress code policy will result in
immediate assignment to ISS

The fifth offense and beyond of the school dress code policy will result in
immediate out of school suspension.