From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:42:50 -0400
DAYLIGHT SAIVINGS TIME ENDS THIS WEEKEND!

DON’T FORGET TO FALL BACK ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH!

This would also be a great time to change the batteries in your smoke
detectors!

Parents…..
Please review and sign your child’s Agenda Book each evening!

Check out our WebGrade site
http://sc.webgrade.classmanager.com/GriffinMS/

You child’s teachers have sent home information so that you can access this
site and monitor your child’s progress. Classroom grades will be updated
every two weeks.

It’s “E” Week in Tigerland  EFCDAB

10.31.05 Have a SAFE Halloween
* Science Fest Project Plan Due
* BETA Club Canned Food Drive begins (This activity ends on November 10,
2005)! We need your support!

11.01.05
* PTO 5:30 PM in the Media Center
* BSOC v Nims  5:30 PM at Messer Park
* WebGrades are updated by each teacher
* Duke Talent Search Applications and Fees due TODAY

11.02.05
* Cheerleader CHAMP Day at Swift Creek Middle School
6:00 – 9:00 PM at Swift Creek Middle School
* GBB v Nims  6:00 PM at Nims Middle School

Picure Re-Takes have been rescheduled for November 15, 2005!

FAMU’s 17th Annual Student & Youth Day Tickets Sale

The FAMU Athletic Department cordially invites all Griffin Middle School
students, parents, faculty, staff and friends to attend the 17th Annual
Student and Youth Day on Saturday, November 5, 2005 at 4:00 PM. The FAMU
Rattlers will take on the Aggies of North Carolina A and T University.
Tickets will be on sale on Monday, October 31, 2005 until 4:00 PM and on
Tuesday, November 1, 2005 until noon. All tickets are $7.00 each and must
be paid for in advance with CASH ONLY!
The tickets will be ready for pick-up starting on Wednesday, November 2,
2005! Tickets can be purchased and picked up in our front office.

Congratulations to the Tigers!
Hats off to our Tackle Football Team and Coaches! Griffin Middle School
defeated the Fairview Middle School Falcons in the championship game to
become the District 1A Champions! Our team was coached by Head Coach
Hankerson, Mr. Ganim, Ms. Ashman, Mr. Garcia, Mr. Herron, Mr. Green, Mr.
Mueller and Mr. Hawkins. Our football players are winners on the field and
in the classroom. All team members show Tiger Pride and a true spirit of
leadership throughout our school campus. We are proud of our team and thank
them for a great season!

We would also like to extend a heartfelt thanks to Mr. White, Mr. Johnson
and the Tiger Band as they played exciting music for us during each
football game. We also thank Ms. Williams and the Tiger Team Cheerleaders
for keeping the crowd pepped up and cheering for our team! Way to go,
Tigers!

A Message From Our Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle

Another great week has passed at Griffin Middle School. Our students
received their report cards on Monday, October 24, 2005. Most of our Tigers
are doing well and are mastering important skills and Sunshine State
Benchmarks. I am happy to report that over 26% of our students earned
academic Honor Roll during this first nine weeks. Over half of our school
earned Citizenship Honor Roll during the 1st nine weeks. I am proud of our
overall progress and will continue to encourage our students to set high
goals and work towards the completion of these goals.

Halloween will be observed on Monday, October 31, 2005. There are NO
COSTUMES, FACE PAINTING, PARTIES OR CELEBRATIONS of any kind allowed on our
campus. Please make sure that your child comes to school ready to learn on
this day and every other school day during this school year. Your continued
support and cooperation is valued. As always, please do not hesitate to
call upon me if I can be of assistance to you. Have a positive week!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS

Please support our PTO Booster Drive. Information went home with each Tiger
on October 28, 2005.

Want a place in the GMS 2006 Calendar? See your Homeroom Teacher before
November 18, 2005 to purchase your special day in our calendar for the low
price of $1.00.

Boys Basketball Study Hall begins soon. See Coach Gilmore for more
information.

Are you interested in keeping our school safe? Do you want to be a school
patrol? If so, then join us on Thursday for Youth Crime Watch. See Mrs.
Jones for more information.