From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:24:24 -0400
Looking Ahead It’s “A” week in Tigerland! ABCDEF
It's also Tiger Team Appreciation Week! We love and appreciate our teachers
and staff!
Review & sign agenda book pages each night!

05.02.05
* Four more weeks of learning are before us!
* FCAT Writing scores go home with 8th graders

05.03.05
* SAC Meeting  6:00 PM in the Media Center
* PTO Meeting  7:00 PM in the Media Center

05.05.05
* Cinco de Mayo
* Spring Sports Picnic for those who have paid $12 only. 2:45—4:45 PM.
Please see Mrs. Chapman for questions.

05.06.05
* Have a great weekend and remember to read!

Other Tiger Team Announcements….

Tigers are expected to read 30 minutes each night! Readers are leaders at
Griffin Middle School!

Before school supervision on our campus begins at 7:50 AM and after school
supervision ends at 3:10 PM. Please make sure that your child is picked up
on time each day! Thanks for helping us keep our students safe!

Step Team Information
Step Team tryouts for the 2005-2006 school year will begin on May 4, 2005.
Tryouts will continue May 9-11, 2005. Any student who is interested in
trying out for our Step Team should see Mrs. Jones and plan to attend these
afterschool sessions.

Cheerleading Tryout Information
Parent Meeting at 5:30 PM in the Cafeteria. The Cheerleading Clinic will
take place on May 10 & 11, 2005. Tryouts will take place on May 12, 2005!
Good luck, Tigers!

Our Summer Reading List is on the web!  Let’s get reading,Tigers!
www.griffin.leon.k12.fl.us

Calling All Rising & Present High School Students!
Volunteer Leon, TCC & SLN presents Service Leadership Ambassadors Camp

Dates: June 20—24, 2005   8:00 AM—5:00 PM
Location:  Economic & Workforce Development Bldg. at TCC
Cost: $45—includes lunch, materials, and t-shirt.
Call Kim at 921.3015 or go to www.volunteerleon.org/SLAC.asp for more
information!

A Message from the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle
        The last school day of April is here! Our students have worked hard
during this past month and we have so much to be proud of accomplishing.
Our Science Fest was fantastic! I hope that you had a chance to see the
projects that our talented students completed.
 We received our FCAT Writing scores earlier this week and we are
still celebrating our writing success! Our average writing score for the
2005 school year was 4.1. We had three students who scored a perfect 6.0 on
this assessment! Congratulations to Rosie McDavid, Caroline Garber and Ayo
Cherry for earning a perfect score! All FCAT Writing scores will go home
with 8th grade students on Monday, May 2, 2005. Way to write, Tigers!
 Our Lady Tiger Softball Team ended their exciting season last week.
Congratulations to Coach Rich and the members of our Lady Tiger Softball
Team as they earned the District 1A Championship Title on Wednesday, April
27, 2005!
 Hats off to Rebecca Chen and Imanuel Gayle for taking part in the
April 26, 2005 Leon County School Board meeting. Rebecca led the audience
in the Pledge of Allegiance and Imanuel shared the Thought for the Day. Way
to go, Tigers!
 Finally, parents we need your continued help and support as we
still have four more weeks of instruction left in our school year. Please
make sure that you continue to communicate our school’s high expectations
to your child! Have a positive week!

May 2005

2     Last Day to charge in the Cafeteria
5     Spring Sports Picnic
6     State History Fair
10     WUR Alternative Assessment
13
* 6th Grade Trip to Wet & Wild             4:30 AM Departure
* 7th Grade Trip to  Islands of Adventure     4:30 AM Departure
16    All lunch charges due
17    Band & Chorus Concert 7:00 PM in the Tiger’s Den
19    Locker Clean Out
20    Locker Clean Out
27    Early Release Day & Last Day of School  12:10 PM Dismissal
Have a safe summer, Tigers!
30   Memorial Day
31   Teacher Planning Day

June 2005
1     Teacher Planning Day
10    Report cards mailed to all Tigers!
Don’t forget your summer reading!