From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 06:06:05 -0500
Weekly Highlights  It¡¦s ¡§A¡¨ Week in Tiger-land  - ABCDEF
03.15.04
* Wacky-Tacky Day ¡V Dress Code will be enforced!

03.16.04
* Twin Day ¡V Dress Code will be enforced!
* Jr. BETA Induction   7:00 PM in the Media Center

03.17.04
* Dress to Impress Day ¡V Dress Code will be enforced!
* GSB v Nims  6:00 PM at Lincoln High
* Parents Check & Sign Agenda Books

03.18.04
* Celebrity Day ¡V Dress Code will be enforced!
* Family Fun Day   1:00 ¡V 2:40 PM for GMS students &
   parents/grandparents! ƒº

03.19.04
Teacher Planning Day ¡V NO SCHOOL

ƒº March 22 ¡V 26, 2004  Spring Break! No School! ƒº

History Fair Reminders

Congratulations and best of luck to our 28 students who will now compete in
the district History Fair on March 17 and 18, 2004! All events will take
place at the North Florida Fair Grounds.

March 17, 2004  Project Registration & Pre-judging  3:30 ¡V 7:00 PM

March 18, 2004 Project Judging  8:00AM ¡V 12:30 PM
               Awards Ceremony  6:45 ¡V 7:30 PM

THE MARKET AT GRIFFIN    APRIL 1, 2004
GET READY TO BID ON BASKETS, LAPTOP COMPUTERS, AND GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR
SERVICES FROM AREA BUSINESSES SUCH AS¡K¡K..

Comcast   Cracker Barrel                Applebee¡¦s
Mainline  Super Lube                Outback
Benson¡¦s Heating & Air Classic Limo¡¦s                TGI Friday¡¦s
Wild Adventures  The Melting Pot                Bouncers
Mike Vaslinda Productions Wakulla Springs        B 103
Crystal River  Tallahassee Camera
Mays Monroe  Silver Slipper                Sun Tire
Lester & Co. Fine Jewelry                        Fire House Subs
Cabot Lodge North Golden Corral
                   ƒº And many more businesses! Join us! ƒº

Message from the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle
       Our Tigers have successfully completed 2004 FCAT testing! Our final
week of testing ended just as great as it started. Our students were
focused and confident of themselves as they completed this statewide
assessment. The results for FCAT will not be available until this summer. I
want to thank each student, teacher, parent, partner, volunteer and
community member for encouraging our students to do their best on this
assessment. Way to go, Tigers!
 Our Tiger Team cheerleaders and Ms. Williams participated in the
Cheerleading Showcase on Wednesday, March 10, 2004. Our cheerleading team
clearly stole the show! The cheerleaders performed their routine with
confidence, finesse and true Tiger Team pride. The crowd clapped, cheered,
jumped to their feet and applauded with such enthusiasm throughout the
entire Griffin Middle School presentation.  Wow! What a Tiger-riffic way to
end the season.
        We are coming to the end of our Box Tops for Education 2004
Campaign. If you still have box tops at home, please send them in to Mrs.
Jones before the end of next week. Dr. Palmer, Mrs. Register, and Mr. Rich
are in the lead so far in our homeroom Box-Top Contest. Parents, you can
also help us earn points for our school by visiting the following website
and registering for Griffin¡¦s Booster Club : www.boxtops4education.com. We
are really depending on everyone¡¦s help in this project!
          Finally, the third nine weeks comes to an end on Thursday, March
18, 2004. Our students are a bit excited about Spring Break. We need your
help in reminding your child that there is much learning to take place
during the next week. We are expecting each Tiger to come to school
prepared for an engaging day of academic instruction. Teachers will also
continue to work with students in regard to providing updates of missing
assignments and grades. Please ask your child about these updates. As
always, please do not hesitate to call upon me at 488.8436 or email me at
[log in to unmask] Have a positive week and a safe Spring
Break! Remember to read each day because readers are leaders!

Griffin Middle School's Annual Family Fun Day
1:00-2:40 PM, March 18th, 2004

STUDENT  REMINDERS
1. Family Fun Day will be conducted as part of the regular school day.
Only Griffin Middle School students, parents, and grandparents can attend
this school event. No other students from other schools are invited to
attend due to the fact that this activity takes place during the regular
school day.
2. Students must remain on campus and in the areas designated for
Family Fun Day activities.
3. Students must follow regular school rules and policies including
appropriate dress during Fun Day activities.  Students who purchase and are
in possession of a hat ticket may wear a hat or cap, but not a headscarf,
bandana, or other type head covering.
4. The end of the school day bell will ring at 2:40 PM for regular
dismissal at which time students may go to lockers, buses, and depart the
campus.
5. Armbands for activities may be purchased in homeroom at a cost of
$5.00.  Armbands will go on sale Tuesday, March 16, 2004. Armbands will not
be sold after 9:30 AM on Thursday, March 18th.  Students may participate in
any activity except the Rock Climbing Wall, as many times as they choose,
as long as they are in possession of an armband. Refunds will not be
provided for lost or misplaced armbands.  All food items must be purchased
with cash.
6. A limited supply of tickets for the Rock Climbing Wall will be sold
in advance for $5.00 per attempt.
7. Students may purchase an instant snapshot (picture) with a friend
during Fun Day.  Find the camera person and pose alone, with a friend, or
with a group of friends.  The cost is $1.00 per snapshot
8. SAFETY IS FOREMOST.  Students are expected to have fun and also
conduct themselves in the outstanding tradition of Griffin Middle School.