From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:12:02 -0500
Our Week Ahead   It’s “A” Week in Tigerland!

03.13.06
* GSB v Deerlake  7 PM @ Lincoln
* School ring informtion sent home with students. $20.00 deposit will be
collected on 03.16.06 for all orders.

03.14.06
Pi (3.14) Day in Tigerland!

03.15.06
Choral MPA @ Chiles High

03.16.06
* BETA Club Information Due
* Last day of the 3rd nine weeks

03.17.06
Teacher Planning Day – No School

03.20.06 – 03.24.06
SPRING BREAK – NO SCHOOL!

District History Fair at the Leon County Fairgrounds

March 15, 2006 - Enter projects and three copies of the title page, process
paper, and annotated bibliography from 3:00 until 7:00PM
March 16, 2006 - Judging from 8:15 until 12:00
March 16, 2006 - Awards Ceremony at 6:45 PM

A Note from Our Principal, Mrs. Gayle

We have completed our FCAT testing for the 2006 school year. Our students
did a great job and I am sure that our results will reflect everyone’s hard
work! Way to go, Tigers!

As of this writing, there are 4 days left in the third nine weeks. Please
continue to encourage your child to work hard, turn in all assignments on
time, and expect the best each school day. I am confident that the grades
from the 3rd nine weeks will make everyone happy!

Finally, please be aware that 3/4 of the school year is over! That means
that our students know what to expect when it comes to our school rules,
dress code, and  positive expectations. Behaviors that constitute
suspensions will be enforced and inappropriate behavior will not be
tolerated. The faculty and staff of Griffin Middle School intends on using
each minute of the school day for instruction and to promote student
achievement. Again, continue to encourage your child to do their best each
day! Have a positive and highly productive week!

Tiger Spirit Week - Dress Code will be enforced throughout this week!

Monday: Glasses Day - Wear reading glasses, sunglasses,  etc.

Tuesday: Twin Day - Find a partner & dress alike on this day!

Wednesday: Dress to Impress Day - Let’s show our professional side at GMS!

Thursday: Spirit Day - Wear blue and white to show your - Tiger Team spirit!

                 Tiger Fun Day Information for Parents & Students

1. Tiger Fun Day will be conducted as part of the regular school day.
Only presently enrolled Griffin Middle School students and their parents
can attend Tiger Fun Day. No high school students, elementary students, or
non-Griffin students will be allowed to attend this activity.

2. Students must remain on campus and in the areas designated for
Tiger Fun Day activities.

3. Students must follow regular school rules and policies including
appropriate dress during Fun Day activities.  Students who purchase and are
in possession of a hat ticket may wear a hat or cap, but not a headscarf,
bandana, do-rag, or other type head covering.

4. The end of the school day bell will ring at 2:40 PM for regular
dismissal at which time students may go to lockers, buses/walk/parent pick-
up, and depart the campus.

5. Armbands for activities may be purchased in homeroom at a cost of
$7.00.  Armbands will be on sale for $10.00 on Thursday, March 16, 2006.
Students may participate in any activity, as many times as they choose, as
long as they are in possession of an armband. Refunds will not be provided
for students who are absent, sick, suspended, lost armbands or misplaced
armbands.  All food items must be purchased with cash.
6. Students may purchase an instant snapshot (picture) with a friend
during Tiger Fun Day.  Find the camera person and pose alone, with a
friend, or with a group of friends. The cost is $1.00 per snapshot.
Limited supplies.
7. SAFETY IS FOREMOST.  Students are expected to have fun and also
conduct themselves in the outstanding tradition of Griffin Middle School.
Students who cannot uphold this tradition will be placed in a time-out area.

Sumo Wresting, Moon Walk, Karaoke Stage, Dance Contest, Relay Contest,
Obstacle Course, 3 on 3 Basketball,  Sticky Wall, Football Relay, and other
exciting activities are among the fun to be had during Tiger Fun Day 2006!

Tiger Fun Day Food Menu:
Hot Dogs - $1.00, Pickles -$.75,
Popcorn, Snow Cones, & Cotton Candy - $.75,
Drinks - $.50,
Cheese Pizza Slice - $1.00
Pepperoni Pizza Slice - $1.50
Nachos & Cheese  -$1.50