From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 04:01:38 -0400
School Picture Day Rescheduled - Friday, October 7, 2005
Pre-pay envelopes will be coming home soon.

Our PTO will meet on Tuesday, October 4, 2005. We will meet from 7:00 -
8:00 PM in the Media Center. Please join us and become a part of this
active group!

Congratulations to our Fall Athletes and Scholars! Keep up the great work!

Hispanic Heritage Month Activities
Stay tuned for information regarding our poster and essay contest. There
will be prizes for these events. We value and celebrate diversity at
Griffin Middle School!

Cheerleading Mini-Camp Coming
Friday, October 8, 2005    3:00 - 8:00 PM
Saturday, October 9, 2005  9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Please see Ms. Williams for more details.

Do you know your teen's potential?
A French artillery officer invented "night writing" -- it was a form of
reading by touching raised dots on a page so soldiers could understand
written orders without lighting a lantern and risk getting shot. A 13-year-
old blind teenager heard about it and pleaded with the officer to make
this concept available to the blind. The officer refused, but the teen
persevered and simplified the process himself. You may have heard of the
boy -- Louis Braille. Never underestimate what your teen can do.