From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:40:43 -0500
Happy New Year, Tigers!

Our Week Ahead - It*s "A" Week in Tigerland  ABCDEF

01.02.06
Teacher Planning Day 每 No School

01.03.06
Tigers return at 8:20 AM
SAC   6:00 PM in the Media Center
PTO   7:00 PM in the Media Center

01.04.06
BSOC Playoff Game v BV
5:30 PM @ Messer Park

01.05.06
BSOC Division 1A Championship Game
5:30 PM @ Messer Park

01.09.06
Report Card Pick Up Night  6:00 PM

01.10.06
Report Cards go home

Pagers and Messengers Needed for the 2006 Regular Session

The Honorable Curtis Richardson is accepting applications from Griffin
Middle School students to serve as pagers or messengers in the next session
of the Florida Legislature. The student pagers must be between the ages of
12-14 and messengers must be between 15-18.
Each applicant must complete an application which must be signed by a
parent/guardian and Mrs. Gayle. Mrs. Gayle will review school records in
order to certify that the student is in good academic standing. A small
stipend is also provided.
Students must submit a letter telling why this experience would be
important and a signed application to the office of the Honorable Curtis
Richardson by February 3, 2006. Applications are available in our front
office or from our Guidance Department.

After School Activities      January 2 每 6, 2006     2:50 每 4:30 PM

Activity   Day   Sponsor
BSOC    M & T   Gautney
Homework Center          T 每 F   Jackson
BB Try-outs   T-F   Gilmore
GSOC Try-outs          T 每 Th   Osborne
Youth Crime Watch  T   Jones
Brain Bowl   T   Gaskin
Step Team   W & Th          Jones

ESE Family Conference

Information regarding the 8th Annual ESE Family Conference has been sent
home with all students. This conference takes place on Saturday, February
4, 2006 at Belle Vue Middle School from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM. This is a free
conference for families of children receiving special education services.
Sponsored by Leon County School, Exceptional Student Education,
FDLRS/Miccosukee Associate Center (serving Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon,
Taylor and Wakulla Counties).

Conference Highlights

♂ 20 different workshop topics presented including Behavior, I.E.P.*s,
   Transition, Math Strategies,Reading Strategies, Autism,FCAT
   Accommodations,Assistive Technology, and more.

♂ Over 25 exhibitors

♂ Lunch available

♂ Door Prizes

Featured Speaker

Mr. Christian Moore ※Giving Our Children the Power to Succeed§ .  Mr. Moore
is a nationally recognized child advocate and author.  As a young child he
was diagnosed with ADHD, conduct disorder, and severe learning
disabilities. Christian will walk the audience through the social and
emotional assets that allowed him to succeed in life.

Please pre-register so that we can prepare sufficient materials for all
participants!

8th Annual ESE  Family Conference
To register:
Call 850-487-2630
Fax:  850-921-4097
Mail:  FDLRS/Miccosukee, 3955 W. Pensacola St., Tallahassee, FL 32304
E-mail:[log in to unmask]

Please let us know if you require special accommodations!

Directions:  Belle Vue Middle School is located at 2214 Belle Vue Way.
Traveling on West Pensacola Street, turn left on Ausley Road (across from
McDonald*s).  Take your first right on Belle Vue Way.  The school will be
on your right.