From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:32:09 -0500
November 15 - 19, 2004  - It’s “E” week in Tigerland! EFCDAB
Review & sign agenda book pages each night!

11.15.04
GBB v Fairview  6:30—7:30 PM  at Fairview MS

11.16.04
Progress Alerts Go Home
Youth Crime Watch Florida Conference Begins (11.16.04 through 11.18.04)

11.17.04
GBB v Cobb 6:30—7:30 PM at Cobb MS
BSOC v Belle Vue  6:00 PM at Messer Park

11.19.04
BSOC v Cobb 6:00 PM at Messer Park

Our BETA Club Canned Food Drive Continues!
Please join in and help us help our community by donating non-perishable
and canned food items!

Message from the Principal, Mrs. Gayle
         It is hard to believe that mid-November is quickly coming, but it
is! Our Tigers are working so hard and the excitement of learning is alive
on our campus. You already know that our students are the best in the world
because they are your kids! I am sure that you know our teachers are the
best in the world, but just in case you do not, I want to share some things
with you. All of our teachers are committed to life-long learning and that
is clearly evidenced through their involvement in professional development.
Several of our teachers are pursuing advanced degrees after the school day
is over. Most of our teachers attend professional development training
during the school year to further enhance their instructional skills. All
of our teachers are reading and discussing a book by Cris Tovani entitled
Do I Really Have to Teach Reading? This activity further enhances our
abilities to teach all students reading strategies to help them become the
leaders that they are! As you can see, we expect our students to learn and
we are learning right along with them! Please take the time to thank our
Tiger Team professional educators for all that they do to make learning
come alive at Griffin Middle School!
 Eat a handful of baby carrots for a snack!  This treat can fill you
up without adding a lot of calories to your day. Ten baby carrots have only
40 calories. Please do not hesitate to call upon me  or email me if I can
assist you in any matter. Have a positive week!

2004-2005 Calendar Change for Leon County School Board

Please note that the 2004-2005 calendar has been revised to extend four
early release days to full student days (December 15 -16 and May 25-26) in
order to make up instruction missed on Hurricane days earlier this year.
Please adjust your calendar as follows:

December 15
8:20 AM—2:40 PM

December 16
8:20 AM—2:40 PM

December 17
8:20 AM —12:10 PM

Other Tiger Team Announcements……

Chorus News from Mr. Whitfield
Congratulations to Desiree Green and Taneria Anderson! They will represent
Griffin Middle School at the All State Choral Festival in January!
Congratulations are also extended to all of the students who have gone
through this rigorous and highly competitive audition!

8th Grade Washington Trip Meeting
Thursday, November 18, 2004  6:30—7:00 PM
Griffin Middle School Media Center

6th Grade Challenger Space Center Trips Continue!
Monday, November 15, 2004
Bush, Porter, Lee, Sanders and Harrison
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Thompson, Williams, Gilmore and Harris
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Jackson, Dickel, O’Neill and Clancy

Boys’ Basketball Interest Meeting

Coach Gilmore invites you to attend a Boys’ Basketball interest meeting on
Thursday, November 18, 2004 from 2:45—4:45 PM in his classroom. Remember,
you need a physical and an activity form in order to participate! Tryouts
will begin after the winter holidays. Gooooooooooo, Tigers!