From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:07:15 -0500
Our Week Ahead   It’s "A" Week ABCDEF

01.16.06
No School – Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday - Keep his legacy alive!

01.17.06
Geography Bee Finals
Delta Charm School for 6th Grade Girls 2:50 – 4:30 PM
BB v Ft. Braden  6:00 PM@ Ft. Braden

01.18.06
BB v Raa   6:00 PM @ Raa
GSOC v Raa  7:00 PM@ Messer Park

Pre-Advanced Placement Showcase

Congratulations to our Pre-AP students and teachers for presenting an
awesome Showcase on Thursday, January 12, 2006. The event was well attended
and was held in our Media Center. Special guests included our parents,
Assistant Superintendent Iris Wilson, Secondary Executive Director Merry
Ortega, Policies and Procedures Director Dr. Cramer, Florida A and M
University Professor Dr. Brockmeier, and a host of other district
executives and supporters! The Tallahassee Democrat also came out to cover
this event and will feature an article on our program and our students in
next week’s newspaper. Special thanks to Dr. Palmer, Ms. Hines, Mrs.
Gaskin, and Mrs. Scott for making our Pre-AP Program the best! Special
thanks are also extended to Ms. Jackson, Mrs. Gilleland, Mrs. Folsom and
Mrs. Thomas for working behind the scenes to make this event a huge success!

All State Chorus News

Congratulations to Choral Director Danny Whitfield and Taylor Gordon for
representing Griffin Middle School in the 2006 All State Chorus. This is a
very prestigious event and it speaks to the quality of our program and
students to have a participant earn a place within this group. Way to go,
Tigers!

SchoolNotes.com

We are proud to announce another technological breakthrough at Griffin
Middle School called SchoolNotes.com. This website is a way to keep
informed about your child’s classroom assignments and make sure that the
proper assignments are recorded in your child’s agenda book. No student
numbers or pin numbers are needed for this site. Just go to
www.schoolnotes.com and enter our school’s zip code 32304. You will then
see a list of pilot teachers who use this site. Click on your child’s
teachers and then ensure that your child has the right information for
success. Check the website each week as each teacher will update their
assignments on a weekly basis.

The following Tiger Team Teachers use SchoolNotes. com:
Ms. Ashman, Mrs. Gaskin, Ms. Hines, Dr. Palmer, Ms. Bush, Mr. Gautney, Ms.
Jackson, Mrs. Register, Mrs. Chapman, Mrs. Gayle, Mrs. Anderson, Mrs.
Sanders, Mr. Converso, Mr. Gilmore, Ms. Nolan, Mr. Sever, Mr. Cooper, Mr.
Hankerson, Mrs. O’Neill, Ms. Williams, Ms. Galbraith, Ms. Hawkins, Mrs.
Osborne

FCAT Testing Dates - It’s Time to Show What You Know!

February 7, 2006
FCAT Writing Plus/ 8th Grade
Writes Upon Request/ 6th & 7th Grade

February 27 – March 10, 2006
FCAT Reading, Mathematics/6th, 7th & 8th Grade
FCAT Science / 8th Grade

A Letter from Our Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle
Wow! We have had an exciting week at Griffin Middle School. Our Tropicana
Speech Contest was great. Congratulations to all of our outstanding
students who participated, our awesome  language arts teachers for ensuring
that public speaking skills were taught ( Ms. Harris, Mr. Gilmore, and Dr.
Palmer) and to all of our judges (Ms. Shonda Knight, Mr. Donald Sheppard,
Mrs. Paula O’neill, Elder Mary Clayton, and Ms. Leslie Steele). I would
also like to commend Lacrai Mitchell for doing a fantastic job as our
Mistress of Ceremonies. Finally, I want to recognize the efforts of our
program coordinator, Ms. Johnnie Bush. Ms. Bush organized an exciting and
meaningful contest for our school. Did you see our school contest on
television? I am so proud of our Tigers!
Finally, I want to thank all parents, grandparents, and friends for
supporting our school. We could not be the great school that we are without
YOU! Have a positive week!

Griffin Middle School's Tropicana Speech Contest Results
1st Place
Tateyana Smith

2nd Place
Arrington Williams