From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:16:29 -0500
We LOVE Our Volunteers at Griffin Middle School!
We would like to thank all of the Volunteers who help make Griffin Middle
School such a great place to learn.  Whether you are in the classes once a
week or supporting the teachers from home, we know that we are lucky to
have such wonderful support!  It truly makes a difference for our students
to see the positive effects of volunteerism and public service.  One
important way we show the level of community and parental involvement is
through completing logs of the volunteer time put in.  If you have
volunteered this year, PLEASE be sure to fill out your log so that we
can “count” your hours of service toward the goal of earning a “Golden
School Award.”

PRESIDENT'S DAY REMINDER
Monday, February 21, 2005 is President's Day! This is a holiday for
students and teachers. School will resume on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 at
8:20 AM. Our office will be open on Monday, February 21, 2005 from 7:00 AM -
 4:00 PM.

FCAT TESTING NOTES
FCAT Testing begins for all Griffin Middle School students on Monday,
February 28, 2005 at 8:20 AM. Please be sure to get a good nights sleep,
eat a nutritous breakfast, and come to school prepared to show what you
know!

BLACK HISTORY MONTH ESSAY CONTEST
Blazing 102.3FM is searching for the best and brightest kids in the big
bend area for the Second Annual Black History Month Essay Contest.  Here's
your chance to be recognized in your community, and get some great prizes
from Blazin 102.3!!  Choose from one of the three questions on our website
www.blazin1023.com and write an essay...102 words or less.  E-mail it to
[log in to unmask] or mail it in to 3411 W. Tharpe Street, Tallahassee,
FL, 32303.  Remember to include all of your contact information.
If your Essay is picked, you will win a Blazin Prize pack and have the
essay read live over the air.  Plus you will be featured on our website and
be a guest Disk Jockey for the Crunk 8 with Jay Blaze and the Basement
Crew.

MAGNET LAB OPEN HOUSE
Come and join the fun at the 11th Annual Magnet Lab Open House on Saturday,
February 26, 2005 from 10:00am-3:00pm.  All events are free and
refreshments available at reasonable prices. The Mag Lab is located at
Innovation Park, 1800 East Paul Dirac Drive.  For more details call 644-
0311 or visit our website www.magnet.fsu.edu.

FORMER GRIFFIN MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS ARE HONORED
Congratultaions to some of our former Griffin Middle School Tigers!
Catherine Sullenburger, Sarah Martin, Katie Mueller, and Trevor Screws each
earned first place in the 2005 Capital Regional Science and Engineering
Fair held at FSU on February 12, 2005. Our students continue to shine after
they leave Griffin Middle School. Way to go, Tigers!

2005-2006 SCHOOL CALENDAR
The newly adopted calendar for next school year may be viewed at
http://www.planning.leon.k12.fl.us/0506traditional.htm

Tallahassee: A City That Reads
http://talgov.com/citytlh/communications/news_releases/special.html
(http://www.talgov.com)
- Get students on the road to better skills. The city of Tallahassee
is sponsoring this program to encourage parents and students to read
TOGETHER.

You are on this list because you subscribed to the Griffin Middle School
Listserve. However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3 and
unsubscribe yourself. Thank you.