From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 05:34:35 -0500
December 5-9, 2005    It’s "A" Week in Tigerland!

12/5
10 days left in the 2nd nine weeks!
Science Fair Projects, Reports, etc DUE
FFEA Internship Day

12/6
GBB First Round Games v Belle Vue  6:00 PM in the Tiger's Den
PTO Meeting at 7:00 PM/Media Center

12/7
BSOC First Round Game 5:30 PM @ Messer

12/8
District Spelling Bee 7:00 PM @ Howell Center
Good luck, Christopher! We are proud of you!
BSOC Championship Game
5:30 PM at Lincoln High  $2.00 Admission

12/9
GBB Championship Game
6:00 PM @ Leon High  $2.00 Admission

Deecmebre 12 - 16, 2005   It's "E" Week in Tigerland!
12/12 EFCDAB
5 days left in the 2nd nine weeks!

12/13 EFCDAB
Band & Chorus Winter Concert
7:15 PM in the Tiger’s Den

12/14
Early Release Day    12:10 Dismissal
A& B Period Exams

12/15
Early Release Day    12:10 Dismissal
C & D Period Exams

12/16
Early Release Day    12:10 Dismissal
E & F Period Exams

December 19 – 30 Winter Holidays – No School! Read Each Day!

Important Reminders
* There will be NO AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES OR AFTER SCHOOL BUSES ON
DECEMEBER 12 – 16, 2005!
* December 14 – 16, 2005  Early Release School Hours
8:20 AM – 12:10 PM
Student supervision ends at 12:30 PM!
* Teacher Planning Day – January 2, 2006
* Tigers return on Tuesday, January 3, 2006 at 8:20 AM

Hats off to the following Tigers...........

Ms. Jamey Hill
Griffin Middle School’s 2005-2006 Glenn-Howell Distinguished Educator

Mr. Harold Jackson
Griffin Middle School’s 2005-2006 School Related Employee of the Year

Mrs. Sonja Gitlin
National Board Certified Teacher

Griffin Middle School appreciates our AWESOME and SUPPORTIVE PTO!

Give the Gift of Reading

The holiday season is quickly approaching and the gift of a book or gift of
reading is always appropriate for children of all ages. Nevertheless,
research shows a positive correlation between strong parental involvement
and student achievement.
Therefore, Just Read, Families! highlights the Holiday Reading list for
this wonderful season. The reading list presents a variety of exciting
holiday titles that you can find in your local library or bookstore. This
is the time to give your children the best present of a lifetime. The gift
of reading! Check out www.justreadflorida.com

Reading Notes

Did you know that as your child continues to take the FCAT the reading
passages become longer and longer? The reading passages also contain more
informational text just like the material that is found in your child’s
science and social studies books. It is for these reasons and more that we
require our students to read at least 30 minutes per evening in addition to
the other homework assignments that your child must complete. Stay tuned
for information regarding our Annual FCAT Parent Workshop. Meanwhile,
remember to read each night, Tigers!

FCAT Testing Dates - Mark you calendars now & get ready to show what you
know, Tigers!

February 7, 2006  FCAT Writing Plus – 8th Grade

February 27 – March 11, 2006
FCAT SSS and NRT – 6th, 7th and 8th Grade