From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:30:36 -0500
Happy Thanksgiving, Tigers!

We would like to thank our Griffin Middle School students for contributing
well over 1,000 pounds of food for our needy Tallahassee community
families. Our Tigers truly care about making Tallahassee a better place for
everyone!
There will be no school on Wednesday, November 23 – Friday, November 25,
2005 in observance of Thanksgiving. School will resume on Monday, November
28, 2005 at 8:20 AM

It’s "A" Week in Tigerland  ABCDEF

11.19.05 (Saturday)
* Mini-Mu Alpha Theta Competition at Chiles High
Gooooooooooo Tiger Team!

11.21.05
* Continue to work on your Science Fair Project
* School Picture Retake Day

11.22.05
* Beginner Band Concert   6:00 PM/Cafeteria
* GBB v Deerlake  6:00 PM in the Tiger’s Den

11.23.05 – 11.25.05  No School – Happy Thanksgiving!

11.28.05 School resumes at 8:20 AM!

11.29.05 Writes Upon Request for all Tigers!
Remember to write using your REFS!!
Reasons
Examples
Facts
Statistics

A Message from the Principal, Mrs. Gayle

Greetings, Tigers! By now, you should have received your child’s Progress
Alert. I often have to remind parents that each student  will have 4 ˝
weeks before final grades will be posted on report cards. Continue to
encourage your child to work hard and expect the best each school day!

I am excited to report that Griffin Middle School is implementing the
Raptor Technology System! This system will help to ensure the safety of
your child and our staff by tracking visitors, contractors, and volunteers
at Griffin Middle School. When visitors and parents come to our campus,
they will be asked to present a valid state issued ID so that we can enter
information into our tracking system. The system has the ability to provide
alerts on people who may jeopardize the safety of our campus. As the
principal, I feel certain that this will help us keep our campus even
safer. I would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation in
presenting your state issued ID when checking in at our school. As always,
thanks for your continued support of our school! Have a positive week and a
Happy Thanksgiving!

Special Announcements and Reminders

Please review bus rules and expectations with your child. We are receiving
a large number of bus referrals about our students’ misbehavior and this
has to stop! Please work with us to ensure that our students are
transported safely by following bus rules and  expectations each day.

The Pre-Advanced Placement Showcase is coming! Stay tuned for details!

Tigers - Remember to wear your helmets when riding you’re your bikes to
school!

8th Graders who are going to Washington, DC. - Fundraisers are due to
Mrs. Register by Tuesday, November 22, 2005! Questions? See Mrs. Register!

BEST OF LUCK TO MS. HILL & OUR MINI MU ALPHA THETA TEAM!