From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:31:39 -0500
Greetings all Tiger Team members! Here are the notes and announcements for
our successful week:

November 10, 2003
GBB v Cobb 6:30 PM @ Cobb Middle School
BSOC v Raa 7:30 PM @ Messer Park

November 11, 2003
Veteran's Day - Tigers Salute & Honor All Veterans

November 12, 2003
Parents - Review & Sign Agenda Books

November 13, 2003
Show your Tiger Team Spirit - Wear Blue & White
Honor Roll Celebration (All A, A/B, O, and O/S Honor Roll)

Box Tops for Education
Thank you to everyone who has been clipping box tops and sending them in.
The Box Tops for Education program will give our school 10 cents for each
box top that is submitted.  There are lots of companies who participate in
the program including Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Totino’s,
General Mills, Yoplait, and more!  Also be on the lookout for bonus box
tops.  Some products have the regular box top you clip plus a bonus top
worth more points. Keep those Box Tops coming in, Tigers!

New Bleachers for our Gym
Griffin Middle School is now receiving new bleachers! In fact, the whole 6
month process should be completed by Friday, November 14, 2003. Our old
bleachers had been in our gym and serving our student body since 1966!
That's right, they had been there for 37 years. Special thanks to
Superintendent Montford, Paul Byrd, Fred Johnson and everyone else who has
made this dream a reality! Stay tuned for information about a special
ribbon cutting ceremony for these new bleachers.

Special thanks to Sam's Club
Griffin Middle School has received a $1,000 grant from Sam's Club to
support the educational programs of our school. Special thanks to Sam's
Club for supporting Griffin Middle School.

Upcoming Dates to Remember:
November 17, 2003  Boy Scouts of America visits Griffin Middle School
November 18, 2003  WUR grades 6-8
November 19, 2003  Progress Alerts Go Home
November 20, 2003  Boy Scout Interest Meeting 6:30 PM in the Cafeteria
November 20, 21, 24 & 25, 2003  6th Grade Challenger Space Center Field
Trips
November 26 - 28  Thanksgiving Holidays - No School

Have a positive and highly productive week, Tigers!

Michelle Gayle, Principal