From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 16:16:08 -0400
It's "A" Week at Griffin Middle School  ABCDEF

10.10.05
* Health Screenings for 6th Grade Students!
* GVB v Cobb 6:00 PM in the Tiger’s Den

10.11.05
* TFB v Belle Vue 6:30 PM at Godby High School

10.12.05
*Cross Country Championship Meet @ Miccosuke Greenways 10:30 AM
* GVB First Round Play-offs  6:00 PM in the Tiger’s Den  $2.00 admission

10.13.05
* End of First Nine Weeks! You made it, Tigers!

10.14.05
* Teacher Planning Day—No School for students!

Other Tiger Team Announcements……
Yearbook News
8th grade students may bring in their baby pictures to be included in our
2005-2006 yearbook. Please note that the full name of the student should be
printed on the back of the picture and the pictures may not be returned.
Please see Mr. Sheppard or Mrs. Sanders for more details. All pictures are
due by Monday, October 10, 2005.

As of Monday, October 7, 2005—there are 4 days left in the first nine
weeks! Make sure that you are participating in class, completing all
homework, and doing well on classroom assessments! Set your goals high and
then work hard to achieve them!

PTO Booster Drive
Our PTO Booster Drive will begin on Monday, October 17, 2005 and end on
October 28, 2005. We need your help and support in this activity. Stay
tuned for details.

A Message from Our Principal, Mrs. Gayle

It’s been a great week at Griffin Middle School! We continue to expect
great things at our school! Please continue to tell your child what you
expect from him/her at school—such as hard work, perfect attendance, and
consistent study. Challenge him/her to set goals for each class!  Grades
are important, but the important thing is that learning is taking place
each day. Research confirms that students achieve more when their efforts
are encouraged. Have you encouraged your child to do their best today?

Children need to develop good thinking skills in order to do well in school
and in life. Griffin Middle School teachers help our students to develop
critical thinking skills in every subject area. One way that you can help
sharpen your middle grader’s mind is by asking “What if?” questions. Here’s
an example: Ask you child “What if automobiles had never been invented?”

Finally, did you know that childhood obesity is on the rise? Kids who are
overweight have an increased risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol,
and diabetes. Many times, overweight kids become overweight adults. Help
your child establish healthy lifestyle habits by eating a nutritious diet
that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Keep
nutrients snacks available for your child such as carrot sticks and fruit.
Also, set aside time to exercise together as a family. For more information
on nutrition and exercise, visit www.mypyramid.gov.
Have a healthy and positive week, Tigers!

Lady Tiger Basketball And Tiger Soccer Try-outs

Calling all Tiger athletes! Tryouts for the Lady Tiger Basketball Team and
the Boys Soccer Team will begin on Monday. October 10, 2005. All athletes
must have an updated physical and at least a 2.0 grade point average in
order to try out for our team. Please see Mr. Whitfield, Mr. Gautney or
Mrs. Chapman for more details.

Griffin Middle School Quick Facts & Reminders

Office Opens - 7:00 PM
Campus Opens - 7:50 AM
School Begins - 8:20 AM
Dismissal - 2:40 PM