Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 05:07:59 -0500
End of the Week Reminders & Parent Quiz

Please come out and support our BSOC team and Coach Kauffman as they take
on Nims Middle School tonight (12.03.04) at 6:00 PM. The game will be
played at Messer Park! This is an important pre -play-off game for us and
your support means so much!

Congratulations and best of luck to our Mini-Mu Alpha Theta Team (Ms. Hill,
sponsor) and our Black History Brain Bowl Team (Ms. Williams, sponsor)!
Both teams compete on Saturday, December 4, 2004! Good luck, Tigers!

Our wonderful Band (Mr. White, Director) and Chorus (Mr. Whitfield,
Director) Winter Concert will take place on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at
7:00 PM in the Tiger's Den! Join us for this annual event!

Our SGA (sponsor Mrs. Jones) is collecting canned goods for our community
during this season of giving. Please support us in this effort by sending
canned goods with your child. All canned goods will be given to needy
families in our Tallahassee Community!

                         Are You Making Family Time a Priority?
December can be a hectic time for families. Take this quiz to see if you're
making sure family time is a priority. Give yourself five points for
something you usually do, zero points for something you never do—or any
score in between.

___1. We eat one meal a day together. Sometimes it can't be dinner, but we
make sure to stick to the rule of one meal a day together even if we have
to adjust our schedules.
___2. We schedule family activities. We look in the newspaper for programs
and events that will appeal to everyone in our family.
___3. We learn to say "no." Sometimes we just cannot attend or particiapte
in every activity. To make time to be together as a family, sometimes we
say,"no."
___4. We don't try to be perfect. We know that there are many expectations
during the holiday season. We teach our children to relax. If dinner is
carry out, that's OK. If our house isn't perfectly decorated, we're not
troubled.
___5. We don't forget about school. Even though family comes first, we do
expect our child to keep up with schoolwork. If there is a problem, we talk
with the teacher.

How did you score?
Twenty-five points means you're doing a great job of prioritizing family
time during the holidays. Fifteen to 19 points is average. Below 15 points?
Try some of the ideas in the quiz to reduce stress and emphasize family
during the coming weeks.