From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:17:26 -0400
This Week¡¦s Highlights

It¡¦s ¡§E¡¨ Week in Tigerland ¡V  EFCDAB
10.20.03   The 2nd nine weeks begins today! Have you set your goals yet?
*Cherrydale Fundraiser continues through 10.27.03
* Book Fair Begins in the Media Center
* GVB Division 1A Championship Game 5:30 PM at Chiles High School
Congratulations to Coach Kauffman and the Lady Tiger Volleyball Team!

10.21.03
TFBall v Swift Creek - 7:30 PM @ Cox

10.22.03
Cheerleading CHAMP Day 6:00 ¡V 9:00 PM @ Swift Creek

10.23.03
* Report Card Pick Up Night /6:00 ¡V 7:00 PM  Media Center
Nurse Roufa will be there to update and give immunizations to students.
The Book Fair will also be open!
* Parents sign and review Agenda Books

10.24.03
* Report Cards Go Home
* Last Day for our Book Fair

Letter from the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle
The end of the 9 weeks has come. Our teachers have been working hard with
students to receive assignments and projects. Our students have done a good
job this first nine weeks and I look forward to reviewing report cards and
conferencing with our students next week. I want to thank all parents for
your continued support of our programs at Griffin Middle School.
 The Leon County Transportation Department has worked with us to
ensure that our buses are on time each school day. Though all of the
challenges have not been worked out it has been so much better. It is
because of this positive change that I have started to enforce our Tardy
Hall policy and procedures again. Students who come to school after the
8:20 AM Tardy Bell are assigned Tardy Hall until 9:10 AM. Students receive
a zero and an unexcused absence from their first period class if they are
in Tardy Hall. This policy allows teachers to start teaching and students
to start learning at 8:20 AM without being interrupted. We are serious
about protecting the learning time of students at Griffin Middle School.
Please review this expectation with your child.
 Finally, our PTO Cherrydale Farms fundraiser will continue until
October 27, 2003. This fundraiser will make it possible to continue to
provide resources and materials for our classrooms and Media Center. There
are all kinds of items to purchase for gifts or to enjoy yourself. The
items will arrive here at school by mid-November just in time for holiday
giving.  Ask your child to show you his/her fundraiser packet and encourage
friends, co-workers and others to purchase these quality products. We need
your support! As always, please do not hesitate to call upon me at 488.8436
or email me at [log in to unmask] Have a positive week!

REPORT CARD PICKUP NIGHT
Thursday, October 23, 2003
6:00 ¡V 7:00 PM in the Media Center

„« Our Book Fair will be open!!
„« Nurse Roufa will be available to administer immunizations for
students with parents!!
„« PTO will be selling Spirit Items and Student Discount Cards!!

ļ Join us for this event!

8th Grade Dinner Cruise - May 4, 2004
Letters for the 8th Grade Dinner Cruise were sent home on October 13, 2003.
The total cost is $65.00 per student. The students will leave from Griffin
Middle School at 9:00 AM and return to the school by 6:00 PM. The cruise
will take place from 12:00 noon until 3:00 PM. The $65 fee covers the cost
of the cruise, a delicious dinner buffet, DJ (with appropriate music), cold
soft drinks, tax, tips and the buses. Parents are welcome to join us on
this special trip. A signed permission form and $10.00 non-refundable
deposit is needed by November 20, 20003 to assure a seat on the bus. You
won¡¦t want to be left out of this experience. If you have questions, please
contact Mrs. Register at 488.8436.

PTO News & Reminders
Fall Fundraiser
We are counting on all Tiger Team families to support the Cherrydale Farm
fundraiser. Orders are due on October 27, 2003. Thanks for you support!

2003-2004 INK CARTRIDGE DRIVE
Hold on! Don¡¦t throw those printer cartridges out! Our PTO will begin a
cartridge drive this month. You may send your used ink-jet and laser
cartridges in to our front office. These cartridges will be recycled and
turned into cash for our school!

Spirit items for sale each Tuesday and Wednesday during lunch in the front
office. Make checks payable to Griffin PTO.