From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 05:42:09 -0500
Dear Griffin Middle School Parents/Guardians,

During the dates of February 28th, March 1st, 7th and 8th, your student(s)
will participate in the statewide Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test
(FCAT).  The FCAT is part of Florida’s overall plan to increase student
achievement by implementing higher standards (called the Sunshine State
Standards) for public school students.

The FCAT measures achievement levels for reading, mathematics, and writing
in relation to the Sunshine State Standards. FCAT also includes science in
the 8th grade.   While the FCAT uses multiple-choice questions, it also
contains questions that require students to think, write and solve
problems.  These questions (called performance items) might require the
student to write an explanation, justify an answer or show how he or she
solved a mathematics problem.  You will receive your child’s results on the
FCAT in May or June.

In order for our student(s) to do well, please make sure that he/she:

     1.   has a good night’s rest each night;
     2.   has breakfast in the morning;
     3.   comes to school on time with a positice "can-do" attitude;
     4.   brings glasses, if needed.

It is also important that you, as parents, participate in the success of
our students and our school.

If you have any questions about the FCAT, please call our guidance office at
488-4200.

Sincerely,

Michelle Gayle