From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:05:49 -0400
It’s “E” week in Tigerland! EFCDAB
Review & sign agenda book pages each night!

08.22.05
* Football tryouts begin!
* Beginner Band Meeting & Tryouts  6:00 PM

08.25.05
* Football Parent Meeting       5:15 PM/  Cafeteria
* Cheerleader Parent Meeting 5:15 PM/  Media Center
* Mandatory Parent Meeting  6:00—8:00 PM

MANDATORY PARENT MEETING  THURSDAY, AUGUST 25, 2005  6:00 PM—8:00 PM

Do you want to ensure your child’s success for the 2005-2006 school year?
Then mark your calendars and plan to join us on Thursday, August 25, 2005
for our Mandatory Parent Meeting. This meeting will allow you to meet your
child’s teachers and find out critical information about each class that
your child is taking this year. Attendance at this meeting is very
important to understanding promotional requirements and expectations for
your child. We’ll see you on Thursday, August 25, 2005 at 6:00 PM!
There will be doorprizes such as a DVD player, an iPod, gift certificates,
and other goodies. Don't miss out on the chance to ensure success for your
child!

Schedule Changes & Our Way of Work

We have had several requests for schedule changes. We will begin to discuss
this with our students on Monday, August 22, 2005. There are only four
reasons that are acceptable for a course change request  to be considered.
These reasons are listed below:

1. You have already taken the course.
2. You are physically unable to take the course.
3. You are placed in an inappropriate level.
4. You want to take band or chorus as an elective.

Lady Tiger Volleyball          Mrs. Susie Sanders, Head Coach

Please note that Girls Volleyball tryouts begin on Tuesday, August 23,
2005. Coach Sanders would like to encourage all girls to try out.  There is
no experience needed to join our winning team. So plan to attend volleyball
tryouts from Tuesday, August 23th through Friday, August 26, 2005! Go
Tigers!

Message from the Principal, Mrs. Michelle Gayle

This has been a great week! I would like to thank all of the Griffin Middle
School students, parents, faculty, and staff members for really making this
first week fantastic. Our students have returned with  positive and
determined attitudes that will serve to assure their success during this
school year. I look forward to reporting the great things that are going on
at Griffin each week.

Parents are asked to please remember that a sports physical must be
completed before any student can participate in a sports activity. Keep in
mind that our Tackle Football Team, Cross Country Team, Girls Volleyball
Team and our Tiger Team Cheerleaders are ready to get started. Schedule
your physical today!

Our Back to Excellence Assembly was well received by students this week.
This assembly was attended by each student and offered a chance for
students to review school rules and policies and be inspired to achieve
great things during this school year. Ask your son/daughter about this
assembly.

I would like to thank everyone again for a great week. Let’s continue to
strive for excellence throughout the school year! Please do not hesitate to
call upon me at 488.8436 or email me at [log in to unmask]
Have a positive and productive week, Tigers!

Tiger Team Reminders
Summer mathematics assignments are due during the week of August  22, 2005!
Summer reading tests/projects are due during the week of August 29, 2005!