From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2005 09:52:58 -0400
Tiger Team Reminders

It's "E" Week in Tigerland! EFCDAB

Friday, May 27, 2005 is the last day of school and an Early Release Day.
Tigers will be dismissed at 12:10 PM. Thanks for a great year, Tigers!

The Griffin Middle School Dress Code will be enforced each school day!

It's not too late to save the memories! Our 2004-2005 Yearbook is on sale
for $30.00. See Mr. Sheppard or Mrs. Sanders today. The yearbooks are going
quick! Get your yearbook today!

There will be no more after school activities for the week of May 23 - May
27, 2005! Please make arrangements to ensure that your child has left
campus by 3:20 PM (Monday, May 23, 2005 through Thursday, May 26, 2005 or
12:30 PM on Friday, May 27, 2005).

Student locks have been collected and backpacks are no longer allowed on
campus! Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Thanks for your support in ensuring that our students come to school ready
to take learning to the next level and maximize each instructional minute
of each school day! Tiger Team parents and students are the BEST!

Don't forget your summer reading list. Check out the web at
www.grifin.leon.k12.fl.us for additional details. Happy reading, Tigers!

Report cards will be mailed home to each Tiger on June 10, 2005!

Letter from your Principal, Mrs. Gayle

Greetings Tiger Team Parents, Friends, Community Members and Students:

I would like to thank everyone for a wonderful year.  It has been a hectic
yet rewarding school year.  The students have been wonderful and have
excelled academically and in sports.  Our 8th grade students in Leon County
scored 3rd highest in the State of Florida on the FCAT. Leon County’s 3rd
graders also scored 3rd in the State while our 10th graders scored 1st.
All of the teachers and administrators agree that we could not score at the
highest levels if we didn’t have the best parents and students in our
schools.  So, we thank you and thank you for entrusting us with your
children.  The journey has been most rewarding.

To our 8th graders, we say good-bye and we will miss you as you begin your
journey into high school.  We know that you are ready for this next
academic move, but don’t forget us at middle school.  You will be missed!
You have been a great group of young leaders to work with at Griffin Middle
School.

Congratulations to the Griffin Middle School Band and Chorus!! The spring
concert  was the best ever!!!  Thank you Mr. White and Mr. Whitfield.

If you would like to view the School Financial Request for any school,
please go to the link on the Leon County School Board Web page:
http://www.leon.k12.fl.us/Public/Business/Finance/AcctAct05/acctact.htm.

Once again, thanks for being the BEST students, parents and community of
learners in the world!

Michelle Gayle,
Proud Principal

2005-2006 School Improvement Plan Input Needed
If you have any comments, interests, or items that you would like to
be considered to be included in our SIP for 05-06, please stop by the main
office and leave your suggestions/input in writing, email any SITE/SAC
member, or send us a fax at 922-4226. We value your input!!

Calendar Reminders
5/30  Memorial Holiday – No School
5/31-6/1 Teacher Planning Day
6/10   Report Cards will be mailed home

FCAT Scores
All  Leon County Middle Schools will send them home at the same time.  The
middle school individual student score reports have not arrived yet.  Once
they arrive the decision will be made to either send them home or mail them
with the report cards.  We will notify those members on listserve of that
decision (still not too late to sign up on our web page).

Hats off to...........

Our 2005-2006 BETA Club Officers
Michelle E - President
Bria Y. - Vice President
LaCrai M. - Secretary
(Sponsor - Mrs. V. Register, NBCT)

Niccole C. - our Outstanding Florida Future Educators of America Award
Recipient! Niccole has been active in this school based organization all
year! Way to go, Tiger! (Sponsor, Mrs. P. Gaskin)

Mrs. Jones (sponsor), Ms. Jones (Guidance Intern), Youth Crime Watch, SGA,
and the Tiger Steppers for a great school social at Fun Station last
evening! A Tiger-riffic time was enjoyed by everyone who attended. Thanks
to Ms. Spencer, Ms. Jackson, Mrs. Coffee (and her kids)and others who came
out to supervise and enjoy this event with out Tigers!

Weekly Parent Quiz - Does Your Family Encourage Learning?
Do you show your child that you think schoolwork and learning is important?
Here's a quiz to see if your home is a place that supports learning.
Give yourself five points for something you do often, zero points for
something you never do—or any score in between.

___1. I display my child's school work.
___2. I limit my child's television viewing.
___3. I schedule family reading time.
___4. I plan activities that teach, such as playing Monopoly to teach math
and social skills.
___5. I talk with my child about what he's learning in school.

How did you score?
Above 20 points means you are doing a good job of encouraging learning at
home. Fifteen to 19 is average. Below 15? Use the ideas in this quiz to
make learning a bigger part of home life.