From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:48:36 -0500
We are going to have a great week at Griffin Middle School!! Be sure to
read this entire information packed issue.........

It’s “E” Week in Tigerland - EFCDAB
12.01.03
* Tigers return at 8:10 AM – don’t be late!
* Canned Food Drive Begins

12.03.04
* BSOC v Swift Creek 6:00 PM @ Tom Brown Park
* GBB v Belle Vue  6:30 PM in the Tiger’s Den

12.04.03
*Boys Basketball interest meeting for boys ages 10-14 years old 8:00 a.m.
in Mr. Gilmore’s Room.
* School Spelling Bee - 2:50 PM
* GBB v Raa 6:30 PM @ Raa
* Parents review & sign Agenda Books

12.05.03 School Spirit Day
* Show your Tiger Team Spirit by wearing Blue & White!

12.06.03
* Black History Brain Bowl - 8:45 AM at Rickards High School
* Tigers March in the Festival of Lights Parade! We are #33!

Holiday Shopping & Gift Giving Ideas
We still have Student Discount Cards! Our cards feature many great
discounts at area businesses that are good until August 2004! Student
Discount Cards are on sale in the front office each day for $10.00 each.
These cards make great stocking stuffers for the holidays.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
There is no scheduled SAC, PTO or Band Parents meeting in December. Thanks
for your support of our school organizations! Happy Thanksgiving!

Griffin Middle School - Silent Auction, April 1, 2004
"The Market at Griffin"

The Annual Griffin Middle School PTO Silent Auction will be here before
you know it and WE NEED YOUR help to raise funds for our school.

Your contributions will help Griffin’s PTO provide financial support to
the school by raising funds and pursuing projects that otherwise would not
exist.  The proceeds from this event will go towards projects such as
the “Incentive Awards for Positive Students,” purchasing reference
materials and books for the library, and mini-grants to be used for
classroom materials and visual aids.

If you are a parent of a student at Griffin and own a company/business {or
know someone who owns a business}—would you please consider donating
something for our auction?  No matter what business you are in, there is a
way you can donate.

Here are a few suggestions:

• You can donate sewing or craft items.
• Do any woodwork or building? You can donate your work?
• Are you an Artist?  How about auctioning a piece of your artwork?
• What about an autograph memorabilia from FAMU or FSU
coaches/players?
• Are you a Beauty Consultant? What better way to advertise than to
donate a basket of products.
• Own a vacation home?  Would you like to donate a week or a weekend
stay?
• Do you have friends or family who own a business that may consider
donating an item?:
• NASCAR Memorabilia
• Dinner/show tickets
• Theater tickets
• Items for Children
• Dinner Gift Certificates
• Hotel Gift Certificates
• Jewelry
• Donation to the School

How will you or a business benefit by donating?
• All donors and contributors will be listed in the Silent Auction
brochure produced by Griffin and handed out to all attendees of the event.

• All companies/business/individuals will be listed on the Griffin
website (www.griffin.leon.k12.fl.us) promoting the Silent Auction.

• All contributions and donations are tax deductible (Receipts
available upon request).
• Special Announcements will be made during the auction,
highlighting a few of the products and services being offered.

Call the front office at 488.8436 to donate today. Thanks for your help in
making this auction a Tiger-riffic success for our school!

Mark Your Calendars:
Early Release Days  December 17 – 19, 2003  12:10 PM Dismissal

December 22, 2003 - January 2, 2004 Winter Holidays - NO SCHOOL
January 5, 2004 Teacher Planning Day - NO SCHOOL
January 6, 2004 - Tigers Return at 8:10 AM - Don't Be Late!!